You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash & Conspirators NEW album Living the Dream

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck I am still digging this album. Myles
Vocally is much stronger here.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The last two songs and my antidote are the only things that stand out to me. There's some cool riffage from Slash across the album but nothing real nut grabbing. Decent record. Same vein as the last one.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Saw SMKC in NYC last week, good show.  They played half of the new album, which I enjoyed live dispite not thinking much of the album.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Might be of interest, Slash's score for the Universal Monsters maze is available now:

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201810/6352/

Lots of impressive riffing and soloing, although – and I appreciate he's a massive horror film buff – for my money I don't really think his style meshes with the classic Universal Monsters especially well.

elevendayempire

Actually, it occurs to me that Slash, Buckethead and Ashba all have a keen interest in classic horror films. Maybe they should get together and do an album.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Actually, it occurs to me that Slash, Buckethead and Ashba all have a keen interest in classic horror films. Maybe they should get together and do an album.

THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA!

They could call the band Creature from the Black Frog Lagoon.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Might be of interest, Slash's score for the Universal Monsters maze is available now:

Lots of impressive riffing and soloing, although – and I appreciate he's a massive horror film buff – for my money I don't really think his style meshes with the classic Universal Monsters especially well.

Actually pretty Buckethead-ish. I finally have a Slash instrumental album. But, I imagine one not done for a theme park would still be much better.

elevendayempire

bigbri wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Actually pretty Buckethead-ish. I finally have a Slash instrumental album. But, I imagine one not done for a theme park would still be much better.

Between Universal Monsters, the studio version of the Godfather theme, Obsession Confession, Watch This and that Guitar Hero track, there's actually a fair bit of Slash instrumental stuff out there now.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
bigbri wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Between Universal Monsters, the studio version of the Godfather theme, Obsession Confession, Watch This and that Guitar Hero track, there's actually a fair bit of Slash instrumental stuff out there now.

I’ve always wanted to hear him do an entire instrument album. This is close but is corralled by the theme.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash is fucking awesome. His resume has very few equals in the guitar world.

Board footer