You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY WORLD TOUR REHEARSAL !!!

dalethirsty wrote:
KiltN'CatchersGear wrote:

This is the first time I've been on the front lines of a leak, so let me have a soapbox moment here.

I've never encountered a band fandom like this one where people hoard music and capitalize on songs that "nobody else has." On top of dealing with the musicians themselves who have a similar complex going on about not releasing music for one reason or another, it's just a pain in the ass for us who have nothing except leaks that everyone has like cell phone recordings or Antiquiet mixes or Going Down. Just doesn't make sense why people feel the need to propagate this type of elitism.

that's a good point. the gn'r community is basically a group of bdsm message boards.

are there any other bands or artists who have unreleased music and other content that is hoarded by random weirdos?

Wagszilla wrote:

1 person shares songs

Another person shares songs

Another person shares songs

Everybody has songs

Everybody happy

#BeTheChangeYouWantToSee

I mean, if you're asking me to share stuff, I don't have anything that isn't already widely circulated. It's the legendary stuff like Checkmate, The General, or Atlas Shrugged that people hoard, which I find to be bizarre and frustrating .

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
KiltN'CatchersGear wrote:

I mean, if you're asking me to share stuff, I don't have anything that isn't already widely circulated. It's the legendary stuff like Checkmate, The General, or Atlas Shrugged that people hoard, which I find to be bizarre and frustrating .

I was speaking generally.

The major fanbases have regularly circulated unreleased stuff.

I mean, if your worried about legal whatever, announcing that you're looking to trade unreleased material isn't exactly the wisest move.

And the Skwerl era stuff was a different ball of wax.

dalethirsty wrote:

that's a good point. the gn'r community is basically a group of bdsm message boards.

are there any other bands or artists who have unreleased music and other content that is hoarded by random weirdos?

I don't know. At one point, the mysteriousness and secrecy was interesting. It was part of the allure of being deep in the gn'r fandom. Now that the Chinese Democracy NuGuns group is dead, and it seems like GN'R is destined to be a REO Speedwagon/Styx/Foreigner/Def Leppard nostalgia act, the sustained lack of openness between the haves and the have-nots of certain songs is just silly and tiresome.

Wagszilla wrote:

I mean, if your worried about legal whatever, announcing that you're looking to trade unreleased material isn't exactly the wisest move.

And the Skwerl era stuff was a different ball of wax.

Precisely... seems like asking for "trades" is likely to bring more attention than just spreading it around, like how Going Down released.

One day it was out, and the next day there were a few articles about it with broken links, but no explosive legal saga attached, a la Skwerl.

In any case, that's just my two cents on the matter. @uptownterry, I hope you're right about hearing all these secret tracks officially one day. For now, may you have luck in finding what you're looking for.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

Holy shit. 14

giphy.gif

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

You gotta get Atlas out there buddy. Call it a Christmas pressy for the fans ?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

nice!
I probably don't have anything really "hidden" (and if I had, I still wouldn't be allowed to talk about it openly + you probably already have it anyway).
but feel free to request stuff from my vault, just as a "thank you" for starting to get this thing out.
https://we.tl/t-gOGq4u7pw0

rickdunsford
 Rep: 1 

rickdunsford wrote:

Hey uptownterry check your inbox!! wink

Board footer