You are not logged in. Please register or login.

suiccideboy
 Rep: 0 

Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY WORLD TOUR REHEARSAL !!!

suiccideboy wrote:

So we're gonna get leaks for x-mas??

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Can anyone summarise what I've missed?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Axl S wrote:

a brilliant, mostly instrumental, rehearsal version of Chinese Democracy (the song) and a vague promise of "more to come".

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
zombux wrote:
Axl S wrote:

a brilliant, mostly instrumental, rehearsal version of Chinese Democracy (the song) and a vague promise of "more to come".

this version finally made me appreciate ron's guitars on this song. his playing during the verses is fucking tremendous.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:

Still prefer the 2007 studio version of the song. The Drums are still Josh and the pounding sounds amazing. I also like the industrial sound that the guitars have on that version.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:
zombux wrote:
Axl S wrote:

this version finally made me appreciate ron's guitars on this song. his playing during the verses is fucking tremendous.

Interesting! Hopefully the whole thing will be shared some time soon.

I really liked Bumble. He was good for the band and the fan community even if he felt like an outsider. He seems like a thoroughly decent guy.

zombux

zombux wrote:
AndreCC wrote:

Still prefer the 2007 studio version of the song. The Drums are still Josh and the pounding sounds amazing. I also like the industrial sound that the guitars have on that version.

you mean Brain, not Josh smile

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
zombux wrote:
AndreCC wrote:

you mean Brain, not Josh smile

Yeah, that’s definitely Brain on there. And his drumming is much more technically skilled on that, than the dumbed down version Frank played on it.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

AndreCC wrote:

I keep meaning to whack Ron's fretless guitar licks over the earlier Brain-drums demo version.

zombux

zombux wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
AndreCC wrote:

I keep meaning to whack Ron's fretless guitar licks over the earlier Brain-drums demo version.

yup, I also really really strongly prefer the 2007 leak, because it's damn powerful.
the 2008 leak and the studio version (which is very similar) sounds weaker, even though or maybe because its dynamics were ruined.
BUT the 2008 leak also has Bumble, and I love the new guitar layer.
AND on the other hand, there's that Bloody Roses remix, frankensteined from two 2002 live shows, that has two Bucketheads soloing over each other, which keeps playing in my head for no obvious reasons right now.
LOL.

Board footer