You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY WORLD TOUR REHEARSAL !!!

AndreCC wrote:
zombux wrote:
AndreCC wrote:

Still prefer the 2007 studio version of the song. The Drums are still Josh and the pounding sounds amazing. I also like the industrial sound that the guitars have on that version.

you mean Brain, not Josh smile

Nop Brain duplicates Josh's drums on the Skwerl 2008 leak version. But the version that leaked in 2007 still has Josh on drums. If you listen to it with attention, you will notice the difference, namely in the "strength", Josh pounds those drums a lot harder than Brain! 16 and Brain also added some fills here and there, very subtle, but you will notice them.

I believe the chinese democracy song that leaked in 2007, is the version they had ready of the song in 2003-2004 (buckethead left in 2004 after they failed to release the album once again, so the album was nearly finished then), and the 2008 skwerl leak is from 2006. The album version should be from mid 2007 (they started playing it that way in 2007 on the live shows, The Forum in LA being the first one I think)
And there should also be a version somewhere from 1999, which is the version we heard in 2001/2002, and was supposed to be released in 2000-2002.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

All these years later and Andre is still talking shit.

Some things never change.

AndreCC

AndreCC wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

All these years later and Andre is still talking shit.

Some things never change.

Just listen to it

GlamCat

GlamCat wrote:

Sorry, can anyone please share this 2007 leaked version of CD you are talking about? Can't find out if I already have it or not..

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
GlamCat wrote:

Sorry, can anyone please share this 2007 leaked version of CD you are talking about? Can't find out if I already have it or not..

there are two leaks of this song - one from 2007, which doesn't have Bumble and Frank on it, and the other from 2008 which has the two on it. you can easily tell the difference because the newer one has Bumblefoot's fretless fills all over the song (just like the album version), while the older one completely lacks them. also the drumming is obviously different. they also messed with overall mix levels.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

The best leak of CD is the first one, before Axl added the shitty overdub vocal, the one where the outro has the orginal lyric from the HOB and RIR, if your ass was your head, you could tell..

AndreCC

AndreCC wrote:

On my books it's Josh Freese drumming on the 2007 leak (if your familiar with Josh's work you will immediately notice it), it's Brain drumming on the 2008 leak and replicating Josh's drums, and it's Frank's drumming in the album version.
The album version drums sound different from the 2008 skwerl leak version.

I honestly think I'm right on this one, but It would be interesting to have someone in the loop, to verify who's correct, but I guess if you compare the album version drums with the 2008 skwerl leaks ones, you will immediately know which one is Frank. (Frank's drumming is very basic) 16

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

The best leak of CD is the first one, before Axl added the shitty overdub vocal, the one where the outro has the orginal lyric from the HOB and RIR, if your ass was your head, you could tell..

Yeah – that's the version I'd like to whack Bumble's fretless over...

imsorry wrote:

The bumblefoot gtr doesnt fit with the drum beat.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

well, I guess this is it. a nice advance gift for Christmas, but I'd not hold my breath for anything more.

Board footer