You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

monkeychow wrote:
AndreCC wrote:

the thing with guitarists, much like frontmen, they also have an ego, and no one wanted to play Rhythm besides Fortus.

I dunno if I'd blame the players for that.

I mean realistically, it's stupid when you have one of the foremost shredders in the world to use that person in a rhythm guitar role.

I would argue that the 3 guitar model in general was underutilising guys like Bumble and Bucket. Look at RIR3 - you see several times in songs where bucket is standing around on stage basically playing an open D chord - cos the rhythm and lead parts are being handled already - then every now and then he gets thrown something to do.

Same thing with bumble a lot of the time, or for that matter - watch what ashaba is doing when bumble plays a solo - they come up with cute ways to augment each others parts and stuff...but essentially you have 2 guys doing what is really 1 mans job. That's then made worse that some of the times the spare man is a guy like bumble or bucket who already has the guitar powers of several mortals already.

Another issue with the 3 guitar parts is a lot of the time the sound/visual people are playing catch up. In the songs where half of a songs solo is played by one and half by the other there's often a moment or two of nothing but rhythm as the sound dude frantically turns down one and up the other, and the video guy desperately searches the stage for who is playing. Hell watch close enough and you'll notice by the end of his tenure - bumble often raises his hand in the air like a kid in class right before he takes his solo turn. It's like he's signalling to the sound guy lifeguard "over here...over here"....hahahah....not sure if that's intentional or just coincidence..

.but either way I dunno if the problem is people not wanting to play rhythm....I mean it would be silly to bring bucket in for rhythm. Then bumble was brought in to emulate bucket parts. Maybe there's an arguement robin should be rhythm...but that's Axl's fault - matt suggested him for rhythm and Axl's slash hatred at the time made him say "no..move him to lead"..then no one had the balls to move him when bucket was better...they just bullied bucket instead like cowards....strange band GNR.

As for bucket...in terms of chops he has the chops to be anyone...but stylistically although he does play blues well here and there.. he tends more towards Paul Gilbert type stuff..and a lot of his trick type stunt stuff.....there's more to slash than the chops alone it's the psychology and mood he brings to the songs...that's what no one replicated.

I mean realistically from a guitar sound point of view GNR is slash's band. I know izzy wrote a bunch of riffs, but everything memorable and iconic guitar wise basically is Slash's style and comes from slash and the attitude Slash brings to the songs. That kinda aerosmith style he was emulating and all the rest. Aside from the vocals the GNR sound is slash's sound.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Cant imagine Robin on rhythm, but it was insane to have him on lead with Buckethead in the band. The whole CD era was a spectacular car crash, I just wish it had more recorded music to show for it, all that talent so little to show for it, what a waste of precious time.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Cant imagine Robin on rhythm, but it was insane to have him on lead with Buckethead in the band. The whole CD era was a spectacular car crash, I just wish it had more recorded music to show for it, all that talent so little to show for it, what a waste of precious time.

Yeah I feel that strongly these days too...when the guys are starting to get a little older and you look at all those prime years where not much happened.

I mean for example in 2004 we felt we'd waited for ages cos there'd been nothing new in 10 years or so. But in 2008 it's another 10 years and this wait has been even worse IMO.

Mickyfegz
 Rep: 1 

Mickyfegz wrote:

Can anyone pm me all the new stuff? Not heard anything x

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Well, another performer has beat Axl to the punch and released a song called "Jackie Chan":

At least they didn't subtitle it "You snooze, you lose" ...

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Well, another performer has beat Axl to the punch and released a song called "Jackie Chan":

At least they didn't subtitle it "You snooze, you lose" ...

Jackie Chan is a working title.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

We're now about a month out from the 10th anniversary of Chinese Democracy.

I still hope that something might drop in recognition of this event, but my dreams that the band/Axl might do some kind of two-disc deluxe edition or box set are pretty much laid to rest ... unless all GNR reissues work on a one-year delay! smile

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Zero chance. Zero.  A 10 year CD issue would sell about 2,000 copies.

binauralsounds

Long time lurker, first time poster. Could anyone hit me with the 2001 HOB pro shot leak?

Thank you!

Zapador44

Zapador44 wrote:
binauralsounds wrote:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Could anyone hit me with the 2001 HOB pro shot leak?

Thank you!

Same here- would really like this leak.

Thanks in advance!

Board footer