You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: new gnr song debuted

apex-twin wrote:

Looney Tunes indeed - CD2 starts now.

Think he mentions going back to kilts and jerseys?

At least he's in on the joke, all the way to the bank.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

apex-twin wrote:

Looney Tunes indeed - CD2 starts now.

Think he mentions going back to kilts and jerseys?

At least he's in on the joke, all the way to the bank.

Actually, on the kilt thing – I think his current stage outfit, with the plaid shirt tied around the waist, is a rather clever way to hark back to the visual of the kilt without actually having to wear a kilt.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Yeah, it's one of those things.

I dug that lumberjack style he had going for him in those 2009 shows. The bandanas came back at that point, too. Always took it as a conscious attempt to visually reference the UYI days.

In 2010, he buried himself underneath stetsons, jackets and glasses. That may be the same story as with the 2002 jerseys. People have made fun about his weight ever since RIR3 and it looks like a sore spot. But it's a curate's egg, Axl. Public perfoming, and all that. Skip the tacos and pump some iron. That'll show us.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I still find it funny that someone wants to be a rockstar, but can't deal with criticism.
he should try changing the GNR style to shoegaze, that might work better.

elevendayempire

apex-twin wrote:

Skip the tacos and pump some iron. That'll show us.

Well, even leaving that aside, he could just get lipo or something. Get himself a personal trainer and a nutritionist, or even pump himself full of horse testosterone and HGH or whatever it is Stallone does. There are shortcuts available to the super-wealthy beyond the "eat right, pump iron" option. There's no way, no fucking way the likes of Chris Pratt and Christian Bale are effecting those body transformations without outside assistance.

If I was him, I'd do everything in my power to get back to 2006 fitness, grow the beard back and grow out the hair a bit.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

If I was him, I'd do everything in my power to get back to 2006 fitness, grow the beard back and grow out the hair a bit.

the 2006 look was SO BADASS! and it happened really quickly. but on the other hand, it's already 13 years ago, and you can't revert aging of the human body.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I find it odd he had a trainer/nutritionist in 2016 in that gap between Guns and DC but not much came out of it. And then there’s the Mickey Rourke IG post that came out of nowhere and again nothing came from that either. Speaking of gear, he’s on it for sure.

Axl’s a rockstar but with the depression history, the last thing he should be doing is touching the sauce.

He’d look pretty damn good with better wardrobe, dropping 30, and hitting the weights.

He could do this behind the scenes and come out looking like a demon with an new album come summer.

It’s nice to dream.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I find it odd he had a trainer/nutritionist in 2016 in that gap between Guns and DC but not much came out of it. And then there’s the Mickey Rourke IG post that came out of nowhere and again nothing came from that either. Speaking of gear, he’s on it for sure.

Axl’s a rockstar but with the depression history, the last thing he should be doing is touching the sauce.

He’d look pretty damn good with better wardrobe, dropping 30, and hitting the weights.

He could do this behind the scenes and come out looking like a demon with an new album come summer.

It’s nice to dream.

He's almost 60. If I was his age, I wouldn't care about my physical shape anymore. I would just enjoy life with appropriate limitations of course.

elevendayempire

AndreCC wrote:

He's almost 60. If I was his age, I wouldn't care about my physical shape anymore. I would just enjoy life with appropriate limitations of course.

It's why I get genuinely irked at the fact that we lost so much time to... what? Petulance? Indolence? Obstruction from management and record company execs? Imagine if Axl and Slash had been able to overcome their differences back in 2006, when Slash tried to visit him. We'd have had peak Velvet Revolver-era Slash and Duff with 2006-vintage Axl. That would've been a powerhouse of a band. What we've got is good, don't get me wrong, but... I just wish Axl could get back into the shape he was a decade ago. It's doable, too; look at how ripped JK Simmons got for Justice League, and he's older than Axl...

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

It's why I get genuinely irked at the fact that we lost so much time to... what? Petulance? Indolence? Obstruction from management and record company execs? Imagine if Axl and Slash had been able to overcome their differences back in 2006, when Slash tried to visit him. We'd have had peak Velvet Revolver-era Slash and Duff with 2006-vintage Axl. That would've been a powerhouse of a band. What we've got is good, don't get me wrong, but... I just wish Axl could get back into the shape he was a decade ago. It's doable, too; look at how ripped JK Simmons got for Justice League, and he's older than Axl...

I think we all share that.
Why do not certain things happen? I hope he tells an autobiography.

Board footer