You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Do you believe new Guns N' Roses music will be released in 2018?

metallex78 wrote:

I had a listen on Spotify, and couldn’t get past the first couple of tracks. It really is quite terrible. I can’t stand his voice, and the music behind it doesn’t seem much better

Do you believe new Guns N' Roses music will be released in 2018?

Yes 33%
No 22%
Haha... Oh, wait. You're serious. Let me laugh even harder. 44%
Total votes: 18
ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I don't expect new music to be released, but I do expect we'll have confirmation that the band is recording again!

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Some shit head took my CD II graphic and is selling t-shirts of it on eBay.

The internet is a big garbage can.

And you're a shit head.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The General and Seven sound completely wacky, going by Brain's interview. https://www.alternativenation.net/axl-r … -revealed/

Sky Dog wrote:

The Beltrami songs should be interesting if ever officially released. axl robin tommy

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

has anyone figured out the ben hur sample and recreated the se7ven loop yet?

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

It'd be interesting to know if any song written during the Chinese Democracy era didn't originate from a band jam, movie reference, or book reference.

I find it humorous that the leak for Shackler's Revenge was titled "Chicken Dinner". In lieu of this latest revelation of The General as KFC metaphor, I wonder if they got bad intel. It's a rabbit hole I'm 10 years too old to investigate.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Beltrami tracks were the Better, TWAT, Prostitute, and IRS of the second record.

Sky Dog wrote:

Could be Chinese food...general tso’s chicken!!!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

So, we can chalk The General and Seven in the same batch of songs as Shackler and Sorry. All those originated from Brain and friends.

The others guys involved with The General were, according to Brain, Marv "Mirv" Haggard from Limbomaniacs and Extrakd.

I gather it was conceived before HOB 2001, when the band was relocated to Village Studios with Roy Thomas Baker and new songs were requested.

Brain actually turned in a whole bunch of "weird" songs, one of which led RTB to ask, "What is this, reggae?"

But Axl wrote lyrics and sang on the General, over that "slow, grinding riff" and asked Beltrami to work on it, later even using it as a show intro.

"...when I go up those stairs I become the hand of Caesar, ready to crush all those who challenge his authority.." - Pontius Pilate, Ben-Hur

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

"...when I go up those stairs I become the hand of Caesar, ready to crush all those who challenge his authority.." - Pontius Pilate, Ben-Hur

It lends some credence to some of my CD theme theories and links nicely to the Red Hand album cover.

apex-twin wrote:

I gather it was conceived before HOB 2001, when the band was relocated to Village Studios with Roy Thomas Baker and new songs were requested.

If you believe it's the "song about child abuse", it was in-the-works and ready enough for press gossip in January 2001.

The vocal would be Beavan session in the vein of Prostitute.

Board footer