You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

Re: Do you believe new Guns N' Roses music will be released in 2018?

dalethirsty wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Brain actually turned in a whole bunch of "weird" songs, one of which led RTB to ask, "What is this, reggae?"

what's the story here?

Do you believe new Guns N' Roses music will be released in 2018?

Yes 33%
No 22%
Haha... Oh, wait. You're serious. Let me laugh even harder. 44%
Total votes: 18
apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

"...when I go up those stairs I become the hand of Caesar, ready to crush all those who challenge his authority.." - Pontius Pilate, Ben-Hur

It lends some credence to some of my CD theme theories and links nicely to the Red Hand album cover.

Do note that it's just a quote I picked up based on the description. Haven't actually heard the track wink

Wagszilla wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

I gather it was conceived before HOB 2001, when the band was relocated to Village Studios with Roy Thomas Baker and new songs were requested.

If you believe it's the "song about child abuse", it was in-the-works and ready enough for press gossip in January 2001.

The vocal would be Beavan session in the vein of Prostitute.

Debatable. Brain came into the band roundabout in May 2000, when Beavan was on his way out, with 35+ tracks recorded, a good bunch of them with Axl vox. It's harder to say when the vocal work started on the new Brain/RTB tracks. Ax has said during the Beavan era that he wanted to do the vocals last, with everything else in place. That, and The General's Chicken being (according to their resident hypeman and airhead, Baz) a sequel to Estranged and a track on the proposed third album, could suggest he dragged his feet with the vocals beyond RTB's tenure.

dalethirsty wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Brain actually turned in a whole bunch of "weird" songs, one of which led RTB to ask, "What is this, reggae?"

what's the story here?

That. Brain talks about the track more in the interview, but I didn't bother to type it up, as it's one of those scrapped Guns tracks, which reverted back to him. I understand it's going to be released soon.

You can hear it all from Brain, at about 50mins into this interview: https://www.spreaker.com/user/theafdsho … hinese-dem

Sky Dog wrote:

Hmmmmmm 10

Board footer