You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: anyone hear the atlas clip leak

misterID wrote:

Honestly, from what I've heard, I'd put Jackie Chan/Hardschool on par with Riad and Scraped. But it's hard to tell. Definitely a thousand times better than the Checkmate clip.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Honestly, from what I've heard, I'd put Jackie Chan/Hardschool on par with Riad and Scraped. But it's hard to tell. Definitely a thousand times better than the Checkmate clip.

You’re insane. axl

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Those leaks sound great. It's still odd that folks won't release the entire tracks when these were recorded about 20 years ago and just out right hording them at this point. Those photos of the CD copies with the track listings were really cool too...oh well...All in good faith. 16

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

At this point, sharing snippets first just seems to be part of GNR fan culture. In part it prompts other hoarders to make a trade, which is a good thing.

Since the storage locker CDs have changed hands several times that we know of (possibly many times that we *don't* know of), there's no telling who a leak might eventually come from.

Another consideration: Tom Z had these discs. but he was not the only person with a valid reason to ask for copies. Who knows how many musicians, engineers, and hangers-on might also have the CDs?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

tejastech08 wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

There seems to be a general concensus that hard school kicks ass.

The 35 seconds we've heard kicks a lot of ass. Might be up there with TWAT for best song of the CD sessions.

Well, based on what we've heard, yes. Although given Axl's tendency to chuck umpteen different riffs into a song, for all we know it takes a hard left into Brazilian samba mid-way through the track.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

ClaudeF wrote:

Since the storage locker CDs have changed hands several times that we know of (possibly many times that we *don't* know of), there's no telling who a leak might eventually come from.

There's still a pretty clear chain of ownership there, though. Combining a bit of data forensics and circumstantial evidence (eg location data), it would be childishly simple for law enforcement to narrow things down to the actual leaker. It doesn't help that the guy who bought the discs was posting about it all over social media.

At the moment he's stuck in a sort of legal limbo where he's the legal owner of the discs, having bought them fair and square, but the minute any of the material from them hits the internet, he's ground zero for an IP theft lawsuit.

And no, it doesn't really matter if someone else leaks the material, if they can trace that person's leak back to the one individual they know has the discs. Which they can.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Well looks like that's it. We can get back to discsussing how fat Axl looks when they do their shows in September. 16

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

There's still a pretty clear chain of ownership there, though. Combining a bit of data forensics and circumstantial evidence (eg location data), it would be childishly simple for law enforcement to narrow things down to the actual leaker. It doesn't help that the guy who bought the discs was posting about it all over social media.

At the moment he's stuck in a sort of legal limbo where he's the legal owner of the discs, having bought them fair and square, but the minute any of the material from them hits the internet, he's ground zero for an IP theft lawsuit.

And no, it doesn't really matter if someone else leaks the material, if they can trace that person's leak back to the one individual they know has the discs. Which they can.

This seems pretty accurate. But there is still the context: it would be a new PR nightmare to have criminal investigation against fans who wanted to hear 20-year old demos. I strongly believe this would only happen if the guy decided to leak everything at the same time and this weekend, when the story is still hot and ready for the press to go all over it.

I still think a leak would be way more effective if it happens casually during the week. Or a month or two after.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Well looks like that's it. We can get back to discsussing how fat Axl looks when they do their shows in September. 16

LOL yep!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Hopefully we get something. In any case, I want to hear Slash on these tracks. There's an AIC vibe and even a little punk to the songs I wasn't expecting. Like it could have been on that 95-96 GNR album. Might be where those songs came from.

Board footer