You are not logged in. Please register or login.

GNRVahland
 Rep: 0 

Re: My message to those who have atlas shrugged

GNRVahland wrote:
esoterica wrote:
patabilor wrote:

soon

Axl soon or real people soon?

I'm having a cup of coffee soon.

Apparently something went wrong.

The way I understand the story is that the trader (patabilor) got screwed and decided to leak what he had.
He did not get the new thing he wanted so we don't get it either.

Trading has to start all over again so forget soon.

Story kinda explained by MSL....not sure if I tell it like he did but bottom line is the same:
We have to wait a bit longer....nobody knows how long.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
GNRVahland wrote:
esoterica wrote:
patabilor wrote:

soon

Axl soon or real people soon?

I'm having a cup of coffee soon.

Apparently something went wrong.

The way I understand the story is that the trader (patabilor) got screwed and decided to leak what he had.
He did not get the new thing he wanted so we don't get it either.

Trading has to start all over again so forget soon.

Story kinda explained by MSL....not sure if I tell it like he did but bottom line is the same:
We have to wait a bit longer....nobody knows how long.

This ish is like a soap opera. I guess a question tho, was Hard School the only track patabilor had?  From reading your post, seems he was ripped off a bit or misled & leaked out of spite. Maybe Hard School or the 1 minute version was the track he gave out to prove he had stuff.

Anyway, the whole saga's been a mishmosh. I've actually considered trying to make a documentary about all this stuff over the last 15 years. Theoretical hoarders, rival forums, posters moving on, posters dying, Axl vs Slash (the old term) nutswingers. NuGnR v VR, a wrestler coming in & swindling someone to heist multiple leaks.

It's got it all man, 'xcept chicks 14

GNRVahland

GNRVahland wrote:

If you could speak to all the insiders it would be a great docu....but communication by GNR is bad....and by the leakers/insiders even worse.
But it would be a great story !

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
GNRVahland wrote:

If you could speak to all the insiders it would be a great docu....but communication by GNR is bad....and by the leakers/insiders even worse.

More just like general posters. Not really intending on outing hoarders, maybe I could get anonymous quotes from them, but that'd be kinda worthless. Really I wasn't thinking of tracking them down. I was more thinking Lofton, Jarmo, myb MSL, (there was a poster Mike Giulana on HTGTH back in like 05 who broke his wrist & was outta work for like 3 months, and had something like 10,000 or 30,000 posts in that time, then kinda dropped off once he went back to work) and kinda stories within stories. For instance, like what went down at this site with its 1st year creator (Essentially he just gave up & dropped it one day and it shut down, Kinda, there may be more to it but thats the jist of it), we all logged on & it was gone (found out back on HTGTH subforum kinda bout what happened & those who worked to get one back online). I'm sure MyGnr has its stories & issues. The one that closed (cd.com or gnfnr.com?)  & of course HTGTH being the king & almighty of all Guns forums.

Just the whole concept of grown ass men following a message board for 15-20 years on Guns N Roses, a band who put out really 1 album since 1991 is hysterical. Kinda like comic book nerds, Trekkies, or baseball card collectors. Alot of people would have never guessed there even are GnR message boards (or fans diehard enough to follow). I spoke to someone who plays guitar about Bohemian Rhapsody movie, and he said he's a big Brian May fan. I asked him if here ever heard or knew of the CITR solo?  He had no idea what I was talking about and laughed when I said there's ppl on the Guns N Roses message boards who were pissed it didn't make the CD album, and that its like the holy grail of post-Slash GnR solo's. I sounded like a flake.

The whole MSL 2006 swindle is an amazing story.

Anyway, its kinda like one of those dumb thoughts, but I think it is pretty remarkable & would be eye opening to most of the public.

GNRVahland

GNRVahland wrote:

Would be a hell of job to explain everything and to make movie that everybody understands...
This nerd here and all other would love it :-)

(Put in that Brian May story-I love it)

EDIT: (and don't forget the ones who married us and still accept us like we are...they are the  true hero's)

benny

benny wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
GNRVahland wrote:

More just like general posters. Not really intending on outing hoarders, maybe I could get anonymous quotes from them, but that'd be kinda worthless. Really I wasn't thinking of tracking them down. I was more thinking Lofton, Jarmo, myb MSL, (there was a poster Mike Giulana on HTGTH back in like 05 who broke his wrist & was outta work for like 3 months, and had something like 10,000 or 30,000 posts in that time, then kinda dropped off once he went back to work) and kinda stories within stories. For instance, like what went down at this site with its 1st year creator (Essentially he just gave up & dropped it one day and it shut down, Kinda, there may be more to it but thats the jist of it), we all logged on & it was gone (found out back on HTGTH subforum kinda bout what happened & those who worked to get one back online). I'm sure MyGnr has its stories & issues. The one that closed (cd.com or gnfnr.com?)  & of course HTGTH being the king & almighty of all Guns forums.

Just the whole concept of grown ass men following a message board for 15-20 years on Guns N Roses, a band who put out really 1 album since 1991 is hysterical. Kinda like comic book nerds, Trekkies, or baseball card collectors. Alot of people would have never guessed there even are GnR message boards (or fans diehard enough to follow). I spoke to someone who plays guitar about Bohemian Rhapsody movie, and he said he's a big Brian May fan. I asked him if here ever heard or knew of the CITR solo?  He had no idea what I was talking about and laughed when I said there's ppl on the Guns N Roses message boards who were pissed it didn't make the CD album, and that its like the holy grail of post-Slash GnR solo's. I sounded like a flake.

The whole MSL 2006 swindle is an amazing story.

Anyway, its kinda like one of those dumb thoughts, but I think it is pretty remarkable & would be eye opening to most of the public.

LOL I myself am one of those grown ass men that is on the GNR message boards.  The one thing I always wondered about the people on the various forums I've been on over the years that have thousands of posts was how many of them have those posts because they are actually people that are knowledgeable about either Guns N' Roses, unreleased material, are a person with inside scoops on what the rest of us didn't know as opposed to the other people with thousands of posts that simply have thousands of posts by commenting on everything they possibly can just to drive that number of posts up so that people will think they are some kind of an insider?

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

This ish is like a soap opera.

PaSnow wrote:

Just the whole concept of grown ass men following a message board for 15-20 years on Guns N Roses, a band who put out really 1 album since 1991 is hysterical

It's embarrassing.

But not as embarrassing as a bunch of Magic nerds LARPing as some secret cabal of hoarders, passing 20+ year old songs around like a hooker at the He-Man-Woman-Haters club while they smoke candy cigarettes in between swigs of Mountain Dew.

If you have something to leak, don't tell me about it, take a selfie with it, or tweet about it.

No need to wait until someone squelches on a bet or screws you on a deal.

Find a website, click upload, and fucking post it.

Jesus christ.

GNRVahland

GNRVahland wrote:

When you pay US$ 15000 for something I can imagine you don't give it away for free....
And the "useless" talking about it might be a part of trading to get attention or to get other things.

Not defending it but I guess it works like that in the real world.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

lol, thanks everyone for seeing my vision on the take of it. Always reminds me of an old SNL/Star Trek Convention skit:  https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live … kies/n9511

(Really about 2:30 where it really gets rolling & hits home about us as Guns fans.)

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

lol, thanks everyone for seeing my vision on the take of it. Always reminds me of an old SNL/Star Trek Convention skit:  https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live … kies/n9511

(Really about 2:30 where it really gets rolling & hits home about us as Guns fans.)

I'd be totally into it, and would be interesting for my other half who only knows the edges of all this crap. Can't believe that for my 30th birthday in Feb 2006 my and the wife went on a road trip holiday, and listened to nothing but the leaks from back then........now hear I am 13 yrs later, still checking on forums on grabbing the leaks when they drop.....oasis in the parched barren desert of GnR new music. All the stories, characters, blags, feuds, deals and disaster....its crazy. But only a few really know all the shiz, and I aint one of them! Would be great to have it all in a crazy documentary, props for even thinking about it.

Board footer