You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Atlas Full Song Discussion

PaSnow wrote:

Can't say I'm much of a fan. The song was known & spoken about like it was some heavyweight, and it's kinda bland. Hate the Yes/Kansas style vocals, and it just kinda meanders. It's ok I guess, better than a couple of the songs that made it onto CD, but can't say its was a obvious solid song.

Rex wrote:

This is a different version than the one from the cell phone clip. Despite the shittier quality it sounded more fleshed out. Maybe we'll find out soon. This version sounds like a copied and pasted mess. Still good, but it has potential to be great.

Interesting thought about the 'copied & pasted mess'. Maybe there's a better put together, rockin version of the song, along the lines of 14 Years or YCBM.

One thing I'll say about all these leaks, is  it kinda puts to death alot of the 90s "Axl wants to be Nine Inch Nails-ey". That was always the rumor, or my perception of what was going on. Doesn't seem to be the case. However, with that said, there's no reason the OG Guns couldn't have put down these tracks and called them their own. Just goes to show it probably wasn't so much 'stylistic difference' or changing of the times, just that Axl's difficult to deal with.

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:

I think I'm a bit shell shocked at the moment that it's actually out there.  I'm sure I'll like it more as I listen to it more times.  I still wish there would be some clarification about the songs from last weekend too, like are they legit or just someone messing around on their own computer with songs that are already out there...

Vincevega06

Vincevega06 wrote:

I thin this is what slash was talking about Axl wanting to be Pearl Jam or Soundgarden. I love this track it takes me back to late 90s early 2000.
I would love to hear this live. Wish Axl knew how much love we send him for these tracks even tho he didn't release them, he created them for us.

Trent-axl

Trent-axl wrote:

Can someone help me out with a pm?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Can't say I'm much of a fan. The song was known & spoken about like it was some heavyweight, and it's kinda bland. Hate the Yes/Kansas style vocals, and it just kinda meanders. It's ok I guess, better than a couple of the songs that made it onto CD, but can't say its was a obvious solid song.

Rex wrote:

This is a different version than the one from the cell phone clip. Despite the shittier quality it sounded more fleshed out. Maybe we'll find out soon. This version sounds like a copied and pasted mess. Still good, but it has potential to be great.

Interesting thought about the 'copied & pasted mess'. Maybe there's a better put together, rockin version of the song, along the lines of 14 Years or YCBM.

One thing I'll say about all these leaks, is  it kinda puts to death alot of the 90s "Axl wants to be Nine Inch Nails-ey". That was always the rumor, or my perception of what was going on. Doesn't seem to be the case. However, with that said, there's no reason the OG Guns couldn't have put down these tracks and called them their own. Just goes to show it probably wasn't so much 'stylistic difference' or changing of the times, just that Axl's difficult to deal with.

YCBM?

No way nineties Slash would have ever done this, or Catcher, or TIL. No way. Duff was a total mess at the time.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

No way nineties Slash would have ever done this, or Catcher, or TIL. No way. Duff was a total mess at the time.

Well, so it was the drugs then... But not anything NIN or 'alternative' related. The UYI band could've played nearly all these songs, the ones myb they couldn't/wouldn't are the rejects like Riad & Shackler which I'd rather have Fall to Pieces or something off Contraband anyway.

Also, remember Slash was on those VH1 'Remember the...' or "Behind The Music" type shows an awful lot in the late 90s & was pretty straight & levelheaded. I think by 95/96 he wasn't the dope fiend he was in 89.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Link, please?

appetiteforGNR

Could someone PM me please?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Pm please

Bucketlash96

Bucketlash96 wrote:

I believe that the songs that did not enter the Chinese Democracy were for good reason, Axl analyzed for a long time what songs to include in the album. So everything that is filtered and filtered will be small models for nothing successful but they could have been good if they had been given more work. Atlas sounds like a future great ballad but for the moment they were just putting together the puzzle

Board footer