You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: New NIN video featuring Robin Finck

elmir wrote:

i think this video sucks....i understand the idea was to make it amateur-ish in a way....but this is just really badly done...

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I would say the song is worse than the actual video.

elmir

elmir wrote:

perhaps...but i do these things for a living....and when i was in first year of college, we were doing shit which would have put this "animation" to shade....this shit wouldn't even make the lowest grade, which would be considered a "pass"....

for someone as creative as Trent, I would have expected of him to push the boundaries a little bit when it comes to audio visual execution as well....

This is an official video or a fanmade?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

perhaps...but i do these things for a living....and when i was in first year of college, we were doing shit which would have put this "animation" to shade....this shit wouldn't even make the lowest grade, which would be considered a "pass"....

I think that that is the point with the whole video?

You're missing the point of it all togheter

But it doesn't matter since the song and the video is garbage anyway

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Ha, that was cool. I should really know but is Robin the pink or green guitar?

The 'why did I sign up for this' tickled me

I think its pretty obviously the one with the pink guitar

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

This is an official video or a fanmade?

Its posted on the NIN website so i think its real though they said its only a rough cut

Trent wrote:

Meanwhile, it seems some tour pre-production stage ideas have leaked to the internet, so I guess we might as well share them here. Keep in mind it's rough and not finished yet. In real life it will be much tighter.

i dunno i thought it was pretty funny 16

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
elmir wrote:

for someone as creative as Trent, I would have expected of him to push the boundaries a little bit when it comes to audio visual execution as well....

i think that's the whole idea. to make it look really simple and amateur-ish.

if gnr would have the guts to do something like that it would be awesome and i'd support it all the way. everybody wants bigger, better productions. why? i think it's funny. i haven't listened to nin, just a few songs now and then but the more i find out about trent the more i respect him. he looks like he's doing it all for the music. so, in some way, finck's made a good choice

elmir

elmir wrote:
supaplex wrote:

i think that's the whole idea. to make it look really simple and amateur-ish.

what i meant was that it was badly executed even if that was the purpose.

south park is meant to look amateur-ish and entry level in its animation....but its done really well...and you get their idea behind the execution....

this video must have been done on some really low budget....which is ok i suppose....perhaps they just wanted to have something, regardless of what it looks like to whom....

big nin fans will enjoy it regardless...

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

Hey I've been lurking for a while and used to be on HTGTH and mygnr, but left out of boredom.  I just feel I should post about this - the video was made by a Nin fan page called meathead, which Trent obviously liked and posted as a joke.
Link:
http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/h … toons.html

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

oh cool roxxie! thanks for posting and welcome to the board! 22

Board footer