You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Who leaked these songs and why?

Axl S wrote:

It's best not to ask and not to know. Best for those delivering us anything

Swampfox
 Rep: 0 

Swampfox wrote:

It will come.  Just use a little a Patience.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Vale wrote:

What Izzy tapes?? That's the first time I'm hearing of this. I'm assuming they haven't leaked yet? What's on 'em? the lost solo record with Slash & Duff, JuJuHounds2?

There was just one tape and it was 8 demos from Ju Ju Hounds 2. It was sold online a few months back but hasnt leaked. - source

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Whoever has these... they need to harvest these assets soon. Tape isn't getting any younger, especially if it's been kept next to someone's discarded dresser or mini fridge.

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

is rough mix 2 coming?

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
Will wrote:
Vale wrote:

What Izzy tapes?? That's the first time I'm hearing of this. I'm assuming they haven't leaked yet? What's on 'em? the lost solo record with Slash & Duff, JuJuHounds2?

There was just one tape and it was 8 demos from Ju Ju Hounds 2. It was sold online a few months back but hasnt leaked. - source

[Other pic removed]

GN’R demos, Duff and Izzy, West Arkeen.. Duff and Billy Idol with Steve Stevens 11

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I don’t know, but thankyouverynuch.

Mr. Pitman wit da towels yo

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

to make the confusion absolutely clear and to answer the OP's question:
1) a leaker or leakers leaked these songs.
2) so they were leaked.
if the leaker is smart, nobody will know who he or she or they is or are.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
Will wrote:
Vale wrote:

[Other pic removed]

Thanks for the info!! I'd love to hear that second JuJu Hounds record. Interesting that it has Riding Home on it. He must have given Duff that song for Loaded in 1999... hope the CD will leak, just like the tapes with Duff from '95.

About that Toothpuller song. Now that's sort of weird, because I remember an apparently fake Dizzy interview from 15 years ago where it was mentioned that Izzy wrote a song about getting tooth pulled??! Was that interview real after all? Or did somebody fake it who must have had quite some insight info...??

Edit: I just found the quote of the apparent interview (from 2006):

Building on this, from talking to him at lunch & whatnot... Dizzy had a LOT to say about the former Gunners. Keep in mind these are paraphrases...

On Izzy: 'You have to understand that Izzy is one of those people that does whatever he wants. You know... when I joined the band, he sometimes... just didn't show up. Examples include during the recording of the music video for "Don't Cry" and the music video for "You Could Be Mine" at the end in the scene where the band exits the studio and sees Arnold. [we watch the 'You Could be Mine' music video and Dizzy comments... "hey... where's Izzy? o wait... yea, he wasn't there"] Obviously part of the reason that Izzy left might have been the fact that he and Axl didn't get along towards the end... but thats just part of it. I mean... about the Ju Ju Hounds... I have a friend who was the guitarist for that band back in the early 90s and he was always complaining about how Izzy would just not show up for shows. [I comment that Izzy is turning into Axl... which puts a frown on Dizzy's face] And... just as a musician... Izzy used to be a great songwriter- his contribution to Guns N' Roses first album are phenomenal. But, its almost like the guy has lost the fire... I mean I saw the guy a couple years back in the studio... and he was showing me a song he had just written called "Toothpuller" - it was literally about him visiting the dentist and getting a tooth pulled out.[Dizzy then sings some of the lyrics] I mean... this is a guy who wrote some badass songs and now he's writing about getting his tooth pulled... I mean come on... can you imagine Axl singing that live?' [I next ask him about rumors that Izzy had been paying visits to Axl's Malibu mansion over the last few years and had been rejected at the door several times] Yea... he's always doing that- he'd done it a few times actually. [I ask him if its because Izzy wants back in G'n'R] No... I mean I'm not sure... the guy sort of just does his own thing... he did join us back during the Use Your Illusion tour briefly... Gilby had hurt himself and so he stepped in for a couple of dates... I mean, the guy's really weird is the best way to describe it... in '91, we were playing some shows in England... like one day we were having the times of our lives playing a sold-out Wembley and the next day... I talk to Izzy and he's like: "I'm leaving the band" and I'm like "what!?" and he's like: "Dizzy... I'm leaving the band." I personally don't understand him to any extent.

Sky Dog wrote:

Don’t confuse toothpuller with Tommy gets his tonsils out...

Board footer