You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Re: Who leaked these songs and why?

Vale wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Don’t confuse toothpuller with Tommy gets his tonsils out...

I wouldn't. Let It Be is among my top 10 records of all time smile

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

I'm not trying to be conspiratorial, but it seems odd to me that when there's been a major leak it happens to be around the time they're touring, and those leaked songs are then found to be on the setlist.  When Better/TWAT/IRS leaked then there was a tour in 2006 and those songs were performed.  Hardschool was leaked and though they haven't played it yet it was on that allegedly leaked setlist. 

This could all just be a coincidence and whether it is or not I'm not complaining.  Theoretically maybe they just want to capitalize on the songs that were leaked by adding them to the setlist for the new shows, but then again if the band was interested in capitalizing on new songs you'd think they'd have toured right when Chinese Democracy was released.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I have heard the quick song disc only. Is there a link with all of the leaks? Please, someone, hook me up.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Vale wrote:

Back in the very early 2000s (before The Project and the VR sessions) Izzy recorded a solo album with Duff and Slash that has never seen the light of day.

Slash said that he wrote and recorded a total of five songs with Stradlin in November around the holidays, but the songs still require about a day's worth of "fixing," as well as background vocals. Meanwhile, McKagan said that he's laid down the bass tracks for an album's worth of songs in two different sessions in November and December at a studio in Los Angeles.

"Me and Slash are just the session guys, man," McKagan said, laughing. "I just went in and did bass tracks for the first three songs in an hour and kept at it."

"4 Wheels No Axl" 16 Photo courtesy of Taz Bentley, shared on facebook last year or so.
4-Wheels-No-Axl.jpg

Thanks for posting that Dizzy interview too Vale. I remember reading that ages ago but didn't know it was rumored to be a fake smile

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Great mats reference 16 Love that album

Sky Dog wrote:

The Replacements were so fucking good. Most Gnr fans have literally no appreciation for what we had with Tommy. tommy

And, that is a way cool picture of Slash-Duff-Izzy. 9

Sky Dog wrote:
Vale wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Are you “Unsatisfied” with all these leaks? I think not because they are a hot chaotic mess just like The Mats were. cool

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Vale wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Are you “Unsatisfied” with all these leaks? I think not because they are a hot chaotic mess just like The Mats were. cool

Nice to see some Mats love around here smile

I always liked it when Axl introduced Tommy as the perfect replacement, referencing both of his bands big_smile

imsorry wrote:
zombux wrote:

to make the confusion absolutely clear and to answer the OP's question:
1) a leaker or leakers leaked these songs.
2) so they were leaked.
if the leaker is smart, nobody will know who he or she or they is or are.

3) doesnt matter.
4) none of our business.
5) end of thread.

AtariLegend wrote:
imsorry wrote:
zombux wrote:

to make the confusion absolutely clear and to answer the OP's question:
1) a leaker or leakers leaked these songs.
2) so they were leaked.
if the leaker is smart, nobody will know who he or she or they is or are.

3) doesnt matter.
4) none of our business.
5) end of thread.

I think those last 3 points may be pushing it and Jimmy is certainly entitled to ask. I'm sure we all hope this continues for a bit, till we get the final disk at least. However those of us that have been around a while can put 2 and 2 together. Evo's not really a place for burying things.

We can avoid talking the who is, who else is probably or who else might be involved part for the moment while this plays out. However as for the why? It was clearly for attention, not for a robin hood fantasy, otherwise it would not have dragged on.

Board footer