You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Rick the leaker just got banned from shows for life

metallex78 wrote:
Vincevega06 wrote:

If I get reprimanded I’ll take it like a champ, fuck team Brazil, fuck Fernando, hell fuck this version of GnR. Izzy is still the coolest, I’m almost done with this band completely. This dude leaked almost 20 year old shit. He paid his money to see them. What happens to the days when Axl has the balls to stand up to the man! These guys are turning into another pussy band I hate, Metallica 4
I love this forum even tho I’m new but shit ass fuck why can’t these guys see we will buy anything, just release it
RV3

Please... Metallica would NEVER do this to their fans. GN’R don’t show one ounce of respect to their fans that Metallica do.

Oh and don’t use Napster as an example, that’s a tired, boring argument that hardly compares to 20 year old demos belonging to GN’R being shared.
Metallica we’re trying to protect their own studio quality recorded copyrighted material being shared. And you know what? They were right.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

It makes sense the leaker of CD II is called Rick.

kyrie
 Rep: 0 

kyrie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Vincevega06 wrote:

If I get reprimanded I’ll take it like a champ, fuck team Brazil, fuck Fernando, hell fuck this version of GnR. Izzy is still the coolest, I’m almost done with this band completely. This dude leaked almost 20 year old shit. He paid his money to see them. What happens to the days when Axl has the balls to stand up to the man! These guys are turning into another pussy band I hate, Metallica 4
I love this forum even tho I’m new but shit ass fuck why can’t these guys see we will buy anything, just release it
RV3

Please... Metallica would NEVER do this to their fans. GN’R don’t show one ounce of respect to their fans that Metallica do.

Oh and don’t use Napster as an example, that’s a tired, boring argument that hardly compares to 20 year old demos belonging to GN’R being shared.
Metallica we’re trying to protect their own studio quality recorded copyrighted material being shared. And you know what? They were right.

Metallica also tends to sue anything with "Metalli" in its name. Not the best example.
GNR has historically turned a blind eye to bootlegging for the most part. This Rick dude will no doubt be able to grab a GA ticket on the next tour. I can't get too upset if he flaunted this.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
kyrie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Vincevega06 wrote:

RV3

Metallica also tends to sue anything with "Metalli" in its name. Not the best example.
GNR has historically turned a blind eye to bootlegging for the most part. This Rick dude will no doubt be able to grab a GA ticket on the next tour. I can't get too upset if he flaunted this.

Here we go.... Again, another uninformed post with nothing to back up such claims.

Metallica actively encouraged people to bootleg their live shows. And they have every right to protect their brand, just as GN’R do.

You forget that GN’R sue people for using the GN’R name too. It happened recently with a beer named Guns N Rosé

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Rick did nothing wrong.

He purchased discs legally. Who leaked what is immaterial and largely irrelevant.

This isn’t about leaks either. This is about GN’R’s fourth rate management deciding to have a personal vendetta against Rick because they had egg on their face.

And by “management”, I mean Fernando.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Sets up a great live show scenario for Axl to stop the show. You know an album is coming when Axl is stopping shows in front 100k people in South America.

“That’s Rick right there. That Rick. Gone’”

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Here's Rick's interview on radio station WXLP, "The Quad Cities' Classic Rock Station":

https://post.futurimedia.com/wxlp/playl … 2ZMFZXMgho

More coverage here: https://97x.com/guns-n-roses-fan-banned … gnr-shows/

Twitter post here:

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

"Guns n' Roses does not release music. Fans have to resort to doing things like this to get music."

He's right.

The hosts' email is dorks@2dorks.com

Does not sound like they have heard the demos yet.Wonder what they would think of them.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

"Guns n' Roses does not release music. Fans have to resort to doing things like this to get music."

He's right.

I’ve enjoyed the leaks like any other fan here, but no, I don’t think it’s legit to release music that the artist refuse\ declines to.
What next, to go full misery on Axl?

giphy.gif

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Just because we are fans does not entitle us to anything. The band owes us nothing. This whole argument baffles me.

Yes I’m glad we got the music but it was not ours to release/demand. Musicians are artists. If they don’t feel their art is ready for consumption, they don’t have to release it.

Let’s not even get into the legal aspects and how this could affect artist-label relationships and contracts, etc.

Board footer