You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 1, Elimination Series Round 6

wasted wrote:

Is Chi dem really that good here, I mean it has something as a song but really not as interesting as the others for me.

Vote off your least favorite track

Madagascar 15%
Atlas Shrugged 26%
Perhaps 4%
Catcher in the Rye 44%
Chinese Democracy 11%
Total votes: 27
Vale

Vale wrote:

I wonder whether the only reason Atlas is still here is because it's a new track for us. I really liked that The Blues version.

AtariLegend wrote:
wasted wrote:

Is Chi dem really that good here, I mean it has something as a song but really not as interesting as the others for me.

While it's not my favourite track, it's by the best version of that track. It's a perfect mix imo.

wasted

wasted wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
wasted wrote:

While it's not my favourite track, it's by the best version of that track. It's a perfect mix imo.

So the best version of Chi dem would beat the not quite best version of another. I find it hard to decide on the best. But I’m fine with all these tracks, other than Chi dem, I like it but it’s not releasable on a real album is it?

AtariLegend wrote:
wasted wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
wasted wrote:

So the best version of Chi dem would beat the not quite best version of another. I find it hard to decide on the best. But I’m fine with all these tracks, other than Chi dem, I like it but it’s not releasable on a real album is it?

The versions that got released all have an extra 2-3 guitarists on each, along with 2 different drumers replacing fresse on the same tracks, somone playing a harp, sub bass (despite the fact that bbf is mixed over Tommys bass) and 2 different sets of orchestra arrangements.

I'm probably forgeting alot.

These were much more acceptable than what came out.

wasted

wasted wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
wasted wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The versions that got released all have an extra 2-3 guitarists on each, along with 2 different drumers replacing fresse on the same tracks, somone playing a harp, sub bass (despite the fact that bbf is mixed over Tommys bass) and 2 different sets of orchestra arrangements.

I'm probably forgeting alot.

These were much more acceptable than what came out.

This is the discussion I have with myself about it. The leaks early versions are enjoyable in that you can hear all the parts and the song is there. And that is great in the way I listen to Bucket solo or Mr Bungle or Primus albums. The music candy element. But I think CD has that element but also the soundtrack  part and Queen thing where two or three are blending, it’s not just a Bucket Axl album. And there’s the sound issue. Korn come out with Twisted Transitor and Better has to compete. I think the whole concept or place CD is trying to get to is bigger. There’s this battle to blow you away sonically and have that ear candy thing too. So it reminds me of Angel Dust in that way. Yes big songs but you also have Patton bringing in weird stuff. In a way it’s reversed with CD, Axk being the songs and Bucket is the weird exquisite element, all the effects. Adding in the rap and Radiohead beats and soundtrack thing it becomes this strange beast that’s never been done before. So that’s what I like about CD, it’s different listening experience oscillating back and forth from Axl’s vocals, guitar parts, sound effects, soundtrack themes, it’s a long drawn out experience. Even the track listing order is grinding to epic. Chi dem, TIL, Better would be a popping order. Hardschool Atlas Soul Monster goes there.  Whereas with the leaks I’m going this is a great song or vocal or this is some next level shit from Bucket or whoever. It’s split up from great energy on Hardschool, Axl golden vocals on Atlas, then this soundtrack thing on Soul Monster. But those elements aren’t combined in every track like on CD.  Chi dem has that punk grunge element but then this electronica thing in the verses, it has a prog solo, Axl almost rapping and there’s cinematic keyboard and effects. It’s a very sinister pop rock song. It’s like if Civil War was covered by Sister Sledge.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if Perhaps might actually win this.

For a track we never knew existed a few weeks ago to end up as one of the favourites is a big deal.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

That water you just stepped in is from my tears due to all of you voting for Catcher In The Rye! 

I like them all, but I'll go with Chinese Democracy.  I think it would be better if it just started with the guitar right away instead of the initial chatter, even though it's less than what ended up on the album.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
PotatoSalad wrote:

That water you just stepped in is from my tears due to all of you voting for Catcher In The Rye!

doesn't make any sense! this is the definitive version of arguably the most timeless song on the album.

"perhaps" is an unspired axl trying to force a cool piano riff into estranged junior.

atlas is great, but it's almost a b-side of catcher.

AtariLegend wrote:

Voting Closed

Catcher in the Rye is eliminated.

Board footer