You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

AtariLegend wrote:

I blame the voters tbh.

AtariLegend wrote:

This week is probably the last chance to force a second referendum and end this farce.

It's likely not a good chance.

AtariLegend wrote:

So the election has been called.

A vote for the Lib Dems is a vote for the Tories. A vote for Brexit under fptp.

We're fucked, short of a miracle.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

A labour/lib dem coalition is the best that can be hoped for I think. Resulting in a labour deal vs remain second referendum.

Not convinced Corbyn or Swinson have the leadership minerals to convince swing voters unfortunately. Then again anti Johnson feeling is pretty strong too.

It is very close to call, my gut feeling is either the numbers stay much as they are, maintaining the gridlock or slim tory majority similar to pre Theresa May’s general election.

AtariLegend wrote:

All the polls are suggesting a conservative landslide. The Torries have sucked up the Brexit vote and the Lib Dems have sucked the remain vote from Labour.

Short of a massive tactical voting campaign, we're getting the Torries for another 5 years... despite austerity, universal credit and endless scandals. All, because of Brexit.

The Lib Dems benefiting is a particularly hard pill to swallow. The coalition is what helped bring Brexit about. Jo Swinson voted with the Torry whip from 2010-2015 more times than alot of Torries, yet is managing to suck up votes from the left. The SNP and Lib Dems both forced Labour to back this election, then decided to abstain on the vote at the final minute.

The SNP are going to sweep Scotland and with the Torries in charge for another 5 years, it'l bolster independence numbers.

I really just feel sick tbh. This is much worse than 2016 or 17. This is another 5 years of this mess.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Not saying the Tories won’t win but landslide seems unlikely. I’ve seen nothing suggesting that at all?

The Brexit party could have a big say if they contest most seats. If they split the Brexit vote then it’s a wide open field. There’s also virtually nobody except maybe Farage who would consider a coalition with the Conservatives. If Johnson doesn’t win a majority outright then a remain leaning coalition is not out of the question.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

A lot of seats are going to come down to vote splitting craziness, looks like Brexit Party are going for it so that may split Tory vote somewhat. It's too hard to predict imo.

Polling guru Curtice reckons neither of the big two get a majority though.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I’m only thought on Brexit is that is toffs want it. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea long term. With Labour coming in it could get weirder. They layers to the corruption which could lead to the “uk” being left pretty isolated. Like Michael Caine said I’d rather be a poor king than a rich slave. Check this one.

AtariLegend wrote:

Does Micheal Caine pay taxes in the UK?

A Private Eye wrote:

Not saying the Tories won’t win but landslide seems unlikely. I’ve seen nothing suggesting that

Every poll points towards this. It looks literally like the end of the world this time. The Liberal Democrats have decided to try and grab what they can. For some reason remainers have forgiven them for 2010. You know all the austerity, universal credit... standing on a campaign to lower student fees then voting to raise them several thousand.

The Lib Dems are spiliting the Labour vote on remain, which means the Tories are miles ahead.

Remain and the people's vote is dead short of a christmas miracle.

Tactical voting is doomed too. The Lib Dems are swarming social media with dodgy polls claiming people should vote for them in Labour seats.

As for the Brexit Party, they tanked in the polls. The tabloids are telling Brexit party voters to back Boris. It's working.

AtariLegend wrote:

Some positive news.

I had a dream where the Torries failed to win a majority. It happened last time there was a general election too, fingers crossed for a repeat?

1*IBqWIGlbEpLHJkICnawo3g.jpeg

Board footer