You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 3, Round 2

AtariLegend wrote:

Vote for your least favorite track. The 2 tracks with the most votes will be eliminated.

As far as the instrumentals go, try to imagine the track finished with vocals.

This is based on Rough Mixes Disc 3 only, not any other demo. There will be no tie breaker, unless there's a mass 7 way tie or something equally absurd.

Voting closes in 3 days. 19:00 GMT.

Vote off your least favourite track

State of Grace 5%
Oklahoma 5%
Devious Bastard 37%
I.R.S. 26%
Hardschool 0%
Dummy 26%
Total votes: 19

AtariLegend wrote:

It got tricky pretty early on with this one.

I like Dummy, but something has to go. It's that or Devious Bastard.

The guitar play in Dummy really sounds like it's from something that was released by a different band. It's also less interesting.

Anyone that does vote off Dummy, please feel free to comment on whether you think they ever finished it.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

I hope they did finish/make something out of Dummy. I really like it. I went with Bastard. After that one it gets tougher. Probably either Dummy or Hard School...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I didn't vote for Dummy, but I love when it gets heavy. I mean, it's really heavy. Almost Sorry-level heavy. I voted for Bastard.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I have my order worked out pretty much. Devious has to go, I think the Bucket rocker stuff need a vocal or something, the slower instrumentals sound much cooler.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Deviuous, Dub Suplex and Dummy all need more time in the shop. None are ready for vocals and need the same overhaul that Shackler's eventually got. Take the riffs and figure something out with the parts, these are just the initial pieces of songs.

State of Grace probably needs some extra work too - and I don't just mean a better vocal track, the song sounds unfinished in general. Still much further along than some of the others.

That said, Devious is the least interesting of the bunch. It's got to go.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
wasted wrote:

I have my order worked out pretty much. Devious has to go, I think the Bucket rocker stuff need a vocal or something, the slower instrumentals sound much cooler.

I'm just used to Buckethead's stuff being instrumental anyway, so it doesn't really sound unfinished to me.

bigbri wrote:

I didn't vote for Dummy, but I love when it gets heavy. I mean, it's really heavy. Almost Sorry-level heavy. I voted for Bastard.

I just love how it starts out with that pretty acoustic riff, then that dirty, ragged guitar tone just kicks in out of nowhere. Definitely one of my favorites in this batch.

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:

Oklahoma is the least of the batch and Devious is the best song instrumentally.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I can honestly say I’ve never heard a note of these tracks,

AtariLegend wrote:

Devious Bastard and Dummy are gone.

Board footer