You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

Sonland's testimony was the death blow today, not even sure why we are continuing past this point. Trump, Pence, Giuliani and Mulvaney all thrown under the bus.

Pompeo is also about to resign.

If Trump was smart, he would too.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
wasted wrote:

Hard to say because throughout the Russian Collusion investigation the whole media said Trump was going down. And then nothing. And no apology or even just an acknowledgment that they had just ruined 4 years of a US presidents time. They just rolled into the next thing and started saying the same things about certainty. Again nothing else is being done for the American people. It seems like the hearings and the media are biased but I’m not sure it will lead where they say and if so then what? The 60 million that voted Trump are going to feel cheated by the system. Trump probably shouldn’t be prez but is this the way to do it? Can’t they just beat him on the issues in an election?

I'd say these are quite relevant issues.

The investigation showed that Trump openly accepted help from Russia and obstructed justice nearly a dozen times. The multiple guilty verdicts of Stone last week also revealed that Trump used him for a direct link to wikileaks to get dirt on Hillary prior to the election. Congress is now looking at Trump's written testimony on this, where he (shocker!) lied. I'd say it's hardly a waste of time to investigate that Trump openly accepted foreign aid to go after a political opponent in 2016, and then tried to bribe another country to do the same thing for 2020.

There's a reason 6 Trump associates were convicted so far, and it's not because Trump is being picked on by the deep state. It's because he's a criminal and surrounds himself with people willing to break the law.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

You can't deny that he brought 100% of it all on himself.

Yea, he totally bought, published, and pushed the Steele dossier.

The republican lie is that the dossier kicked this all off. The truth is that our allies alerted the intelligence communities because of Trump's relations with the Russians.

Let's get real, you're pivoting again. Anything other than dealing with reality.

Answer me this Flagg: Is withholding military aid as leverage on a foreign country to get dirt on a political opponent acceptable? Yes or no. This isn't about Democrats, it's not about Obama, it's not about Hillary or the dossier.

Are you OK with a president violating his oath of office and our constitution?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Also saw today that a couple of republicans now want certain testimonies behind closed doors, haha, isn't that rich?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I see Trump has bowed down again to Kim Jong Un. I thought Trump was supposed to be tough. Really, he's a coward.

Syria was a smashing success as well...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I still think the Senate might go weak and vote to not impeach. McConnells is a pure dick. Dems need Bolton to testify to nail this shut.

Friend of mine posted saying Trumps Walter Reed visit was a flase flag, and he thinks the GOP will fore him to resign saying Dems ruined his health. Pure guess but no more fucked up that this Presidency already.

The Stone case is interesting, hope that gets bigger. I do think Pence, Pompeo & Mulvaney are obvi guilty. Pence needs to go down with the ship, I want this President Pelosi thing to grow legs, haha, I will ctfo.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I still think the Senate might go weak and vote to not impeach. McConnells is a pure dick. Dems need Bolton to testify to nail this shut..

Trump could literally testify and admit to everything and the Senate is not going to remove him. You couldn't have thought otherwise?!?!?!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I still think the Senate might go weak and vote to not impeach. McConnells is a pure dick. Dems need Bolton to testify to nail this shut.

Friend of mine posted saying Trumps Walter Reed visit was a flase flag, and he thinks the GOP will fore him to resign saying Dems ruined his health. Pure guess but no more fucked up that this Presidency already.

The Stone case is interesting, hope that gets bigger. I do think Pence, Pompeo & Mulvaney are obvi guilty. Pence needs to go down with the ship, I want this President Pelosi thing to grow legs, haha, I will ctfo.

He will not be removed. Neither will Pence. I think it's really unfortunate some folks have been pushing the President Pelosi nonsense. She even knows he's not going to be removed.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Trump’s got his lyric sheet out. It’s the intro to CD II.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Sonland's testimony was the death blow today, not even sure why we are continuing past this point. Trump, Pence, Giuliani and Mulvaney all thrown under the bus.

Pompeo is also about to resign.

If Trump was smart, he would too.

Some people never learn...

Board footer