You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: The Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

I just want another good GTA game, each GTA game has been an improvement on the previous, if this is better than San Andreas there'll be little complaints from me. I'm still waitng for it to arrive btw 17

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I  hope to pick up my copy tomorrow, this sounds great guys.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I'm really seriously thinking about selling my Nintendo DS to get this.

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:

One thing that's ticking me off about this game so far is when it's night. For me, it's absolutely too dark and very hard to see.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

A friend of mine picked this up yesterday and we spent a good two hours playing it without actually playing the game - just running around, driving around and fucking shit up. big_smile  For some good pointless fun, race your car down a highway offramp into some gas station pumps at full speed - death in a spectacular fireball!

As has been pointed out, there is amazing detail in this game.  We demoed it for some of the animators here at work and their jaws were dropping.  Lots of funny shit in the writing too - not just the main cut-scene dialogue, but also in the ambient voices, radio DJs, etc.

myillusions wrote:

One thing that's ticking me off about this game so far is when it's night. For me, it's absolutely too dark and very hard to see.

You should be able to punch up the brightness and contrast in the settings menu.  We had to do that cause the TV here was pretty dark so we were having the same problem.

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

You should be able to punch up the brightness and contrast in the settings menu.  We had to do that cause the TV here was pretty dark so we were having the same problem.

I'll try that and see if it helps any. Thanks.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

My copy came yesterday. The game looks amazing, I'm finding the driving quite frustrating though, probably just takes time to get used to.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I'm incredibly tempted to get this game now. However I have exams this month and this game would be too much of a distraction. I will be getting on June 3rd big_smile

Luckily my cousin has it and I'm seeing him tommorow so I'll get a shot then.

Board footer