You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Music Cliche

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm always bothered when people say that recording was a freeing experience or that this album was so creatively open and friendly. Usually leads to a Libertad.

They never promote an album as saying 'I almost killed myself with drugs and self-contempt making this and we really hate each other in the band because of this record'. And those albums are just as good, oftentimes better, than the easygoing, quick, free things.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

The best Cliche/Spinal Tap moment I ever saw in person:

I saw the Stones on the Bridges To Babylon tour.  The stage was MASSIVE.  At one point during the show the lights come up, Mick takes the pretty long walk from the back of the stage near or behind the drum riser clear up to the front where his mic is.  He gets there, stops, turns around, walks back to the back of the stage, talks to someone, then comes back to his his mic again.  The says  "HELLO MADISON." 

The realization that he had no idea where he was until he asked someone was fantastic to me.

I don't know if it's a cliche or not, but I considered it a funny Spinal Tap moment as well since I'm on the subject.  One of the Appetite monsters popped and deflated during the set on the GN'R/Metallica tour in Indianapolis.  I don't know if anybody else remembers when Spinal Tap was on The Simpsons, but it hadn't happened much before that, and my friends and I flashed right to it...  "All hail our half inflated dark lord."

Board footer