You are not logged in. Please register or login.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

Re: Covid 19

exoterica wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

The constant moving of goalposts sure is amusing, as usual.

Elaborate, please?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

There's plenty of them on YT, but here's one:

I think where Vietnam & New Zealand maybe have had 0 deaths for some time. And yeah, to any who are referencing 'not many deaths in the US' etc etc.  yeah, yet.  It's summertime, less people die of the flu in the summer. BUT, when winter rolls around, this one will be a bad one.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

Ignore all my questions, points, and scientific studies and post smarmy YouTube video.

Got it.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

"Hello smart people"

Untitled-2.jpg

lmao

"They'll know more now months from now than they did from months ago"

How is 3 decades of science saying masks aren't ineffective invalidated by covid?

"Masks are like condoms and umbrellas"

Stupid.

One, you have a choice to use those or not at your peril or minor inconvenience.

Two, a condom is not like an umbrella from a consequentialist standpoint.

But if we're going to make like-to-like comparisons, let's go back to comparing COVID to other ILIs.

"Droplets"

No where did he mention expelled air / airborne particles.

But to play the devil's advocate: no mask-supporter who has made a cursory glance at scientific studies say masks are wholly effective, they recommend a holistic approach namely masks+social distancing+handwashing. Immunologists, physicists, and epidemiologists all mention that air travel path as an attack vector is much more serious than expelled droplets, for example. And the most ardent pro-mask people have no answer for this because in short, regardless of what you do, you'll contract the virus eventually and for most people, that's not an issue.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

And the most ardent pro-mask people have no answer for this because in short, regardless of what you do, you'll contract the virus eventually and for most people, that's not an issue.

See, this is what I can't take. This is entirely made up right?  That's just a random statement you made, correct?  With no evidence to the contrary.

Lemme ask you, how come NYC was able to flatten the curve, with proper quarantining & mask wearing, while Georgia, Florida & Texas were opening up? 

And now, weeks later, NYC  is doing fairly well, and Fla, GA & TX, full of residents who refuse to wear masks and governors who minimized their need,  are outta control?

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

The entire point of my posts and the discussion has been to examine the *actual science* regarding the coronavirus of which covid-19 is one and the *actual science* of mask efficacy, not just anecdotes, so-called "science" without evidence, or appeals to authority.

Without the crucial evidence from actual scientific studies, we're all pulling our pud, which is why I cited a handful of journals with RCT from reliable sources on ILIs (influenza-like-infections/illnesses). NJEM, Stanford, and Oxford scientists of all stripes have come to the same conclusions. And all parties involved know that the critical period of conducting the best RCTs was in February or March when the virus was most potent.

You can point to Florida, New York, Texas, and Georgia but that doesn't reflexively validate your hypothesis (and operating assumption) regarding mask efficacy. These are disparate populations with different constants and different variables, i.e.: demographics, population density, etc. which you summarized as "talking points" on the previous page. For example, New York is a hotbed of both international and intra-city travel, extremely dense, has the most diverse population in the country, etc., whereas the others are not. Could masks have something to do with it? Sure. Which brings us back to the science.

Anecdote: My state has single-digit deaths for the past 2.5 months but despite mandatory masking in stores and shops, people are going out to restaurants mask-free outdoors, going to the driving range amongst medium sized crowds, we had a hugely publicized public party of young people which our Governor felt okay to mock, and some relatively sizable BLM protests, which incidentally our Governor chose to ignore. (Why didn't we see case/death increases here?)

After 6 months of covid-19, as I mentioned on the previous page, it's lethal to the 60+ population in overwhelming numbers. So the 2nd part of my statement is validated. We've no idea of the number of people who are or were previously asymptomatic or non-symptomatic. The virus seems to fit seasonal theory far more than pandemic theory, namely various populations could get their dose as the seasons change with humidity and temperature.

Furthermore, if masks merely diminish transmission, it stands to reason it is still transmitting and will continue to do so, unless the critical shedding period has passed. So will all people contract the virus eventually? Perhaps that's hyperbolic. But certainly more will do so. And if we go with the seasonal theory of the virus opposed to the pandemic theory which many accept and you've even cited on the last page, we're in for another round at minimum.

But that's a large part of my criticism of not just masks but the virus itself: people are saying we know when we really don't know.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think where Vietnam & New Zealand maybe have had 0 deaths for some time. And yeah, to any who are referencing 'not many deaths in the US' etc etc.  yeah, yet.  It's summertime, less people die of the flu in the summer. BUT, when winter rolls around, this one will be a bad one.

A YouTube video. Interesting choice of responses.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

PBS.

Although, good point. Looks like the name of the show was "It's Okay To Be Smart", that's definitely no on your level. Lemme look if Sesame Street or School House Rock as a video for special people like yourself.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

PBS.

Although, good point. Looks like the name of the show was "It's Okay To Be Smart", that's definitely no on your level. Lemme look if Sesame Street or School House Rock as a video for special people like yourself.

Data keeps backing me bro...you just need to get away from the agendas.

Oh yeah, reported. Wrong thread homie.

AtariLegend wrote:

Please take this trolling, insults and other accounts back to the US politics thread.

Board footer