You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

AtariLegend wrote:

Watching a ch4 documentary atm that said Boris only done anything approaching a lockdown, because Macron phoned him and said if he didn't France would lock the borders and shut down travel from the uk if he didn't.

AtariLegend wrote:

Uk now has more daily deaths than the entirely of the eu27 member states put together.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

UK crashes into deepest recession of any major economy

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/12/economy/ … index.html

Wow, is Brexit not going well?  I realize alot of it is Covid related, but I don't know that UK suffered it any worse than anyone else, unless specific industries they are in were impacted harder?

AtariLegend wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

UK crashes into deepest recession of any major economy

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/12/economy/ … index.html

Wow, is Brexit not going well?  I realize alot of it is Covid related, but I don't know that UK suffered it any worse than anyone else, unless specific industries they are in were impacted harder?

Brexit doesn't really happen till the start of next year. We're in a transition peroid until the end of the year at the minute that basically keeps everything the same in terms of trade, rules ect.  Once up, we lose all our trade deals with everyone ect. A no deal Brexit (which the conservatives in charge basically want) was expected to crash the economy, however no one predicted covid would do so before.

Don't forget we're at the top of the league tables for deaths in Europe.

AtariLegend wrote:
Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

What's everyone's Lockdown II plans? Me, I'm getting a new Xbox.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Gonna grab an xbox series s too. €299 for a next gen console and never have to buy games. I'm in.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Gonna grab an xbox series s too. €299 for a next gen console and never have to buy games. I'm in.

Can get three years of Game Pass Ultimate for the price of one by the way. Just buy three 12 month prepaid Live Gold cards, load them on to your account and then pay the £1/$1/€1 upgrade fee and all those months turn into Games Pass Ultimate months.

I got the S too. The display I'll be hooking it up to is only 1440p anyways so it's all I'll need for now.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

1440p is a great resolution and not far from 4k, but the series s will have upscaling to 4k which has advanced a lot this year alone. Digital Foundry found the latest upscaler, Dlss to be superior to native 4k.

Ps, already did that gamepass trick for 3 years. Best deal in gaming by a country mile.

AtariLegend wrote:

Corbyn suspended. Labour can forget about 2024.

Board footer