You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Don't Cry music video release date?

Sky Dog wrote:

Checked again...I got 14 years Dust N Bones and Double Talkin Jive big_smile

Izzy Fest

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Don't Cry music video release date?

tejastech08 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I always thought that Don’t Cry came out months before UYI. But I guess even back when they were actively working, there were still delays.

I have a question for anyone here that was a fan of the AFD harder sound, what was your initial reaction to them releasing Don’t Cry as a lead single for UYI?

I would say it was a pretty good choice. GN'R had already proven their ballad chops with Sweet Child & Patience. The summer of 1991 featured You Could Be Mine kicking ass with Terminator 2 in theaters.

My favorite aspect of Don't Cry is a 1986 performance where the audience talks over them because the band is completely unknown at the time. 5 years later, the song goes Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. And another 30 years later, the music video has a crazy number of views on YouTube for a 1991 song (640+ million). That 1986 performance is one of the only acoustic versions ever...and it features unbelievable vocals by Axl in the 2nd half of the song. Meanwhile the audience has no fucking clue what they are seeing.

Board footer