You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: When do we hear Hardskool?

Axl S wrote:
kemmep wrote:
James wrote:

Stuff like Dub Suplex and Devious Bastard can't be touched....those are literally finished Buckethead instrumentals that feel out of place.....they're from a pike buried in Axl's vault.

Prom Violence....a Giant Robot jam.... certainly has potential but can it even be released by them? It's not GNR.

In my opinion, the Chinese Democracy's version of Shackler's Revenge is a mix from the Rough Mixes Prom Violence & Shanklers'r Revenge. Just take a listen to the multitracks from Rockband en you will notice it.

Hmm I can kind of hear how if you take bits of PV and bits of that Shackler's 2000 sketch, work on them a fair bit then you get a lot of the musical parts of the final song. Interesting theory.

When do we hear Hard School?

August 13 4%
August 20 0%
September 3 13%
October 1 9%
This year 70%
Next year 4%
Total votes: 23
exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I thought that was commonly accepted.

Prom Violence is the underbelly riff of Shackler’s. Brain is more or less referring to it when describing Axl’s talent.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Anyone have that General clip?

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
misterID wrote:

The phone recording from the Austria party?

misterID

misterID wrote:
Axl S wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've only ever heard of the one that was barely audible. If there's a good quality one like what was mentioned above, then that one.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

kemmep wrote:

In my opinion, the Chinese Democracy's version of Shackler's Revenge is a mix from the Rough Mixes Prom Violence & Shanklers'r Revenge. Just take a listen to the multitracks from Rockband en you will notice it.

Add "Dub Suplex" as a chorus and "Real Doll" into the mix... And you have pretty much of it.

_________

My CD 2 would be

NOT IN THIS LIFETIME (2021):

1 - "Not In This Lifetime"
2 - "Hardskool"
3 - "Perhaps"
4 - "Atlas"
5 - "Cuban Skies"
6 - "Moustache"
7 - "7"
8 - "Berlin"
9 - "Liars"
10 - "Zodiac"
11 - "As It Began"
12 - "Absurd"

1 - "Thyme"
2 - "P. R. L."
3 - "Quik $ong!"
4 - "Tonto"
5 - "Going Down"
6 - "Inside Out"
7 - "Grace"
8 - "General"
9 - "Elvis"
10 - "Light My Fire (Monstrosity)"
11 - "We Were Lying"

1 (cd1) & 11 (cd2) were both brand new songs.

5 (cd1) is "Dummy" and "Nothing".

7 (cd1) is "Circus Maximus" and "D Tune" with the chorus from "Curly Shuffle".

9 (cd1) is a renamed "Oh My God".

6 (cd2) is now a longer and ballad piano-driven song

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Dude, you're just inventing song titles in amongst all that and fantasy booking a tonne of info.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axl S wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've only ever heard of the one that was barely audible. If there's a good quality one like what was mentioned above, then that one.

There's a cleaned up almost fan remake of the cell phone clip where they constructed Axl vocals that sound like the cellphone recording syllable by syllable. I will see if I can dig it out.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axl S wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axl S wrote:

There's a cleaned up almost fan remake of the cell phone clip where they constructed Axl vocals that sound like the cellphone recording syllable by syllable. I will see if I can dig it out.

I would love to hear this as well. Appreciate your efforts.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Axl S wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Thanks for looking!

Board footer