You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: The Batman

metallex78 wrote:

I have to admit, I wasn’t particularly interested in seeing Robert Pattinson as Batman, but holy shit… this looks like it could end up being fucking awesome.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I agree.

I'm an afflick batman fan so when he dropped from the previous version of this project I was a bit down on it. But it really does look like it could be cool - a dark thriller Se7en type movie maybe?

Looks like it has some of the mood of burton, with the realism approach of nolan, and the angry batman approach of Snyder...def has potential.

AtariLegend wrote:

tbh I'm surprised there's so much hype around this, given The Flash movie next year is basically a Micheal Keaton Batman film.

A return to Tim Burton's Batman (without Tim Burton) is of alot more interest to me than another Batman reboot.

Synder's Batman was okay, but I'm not interested in another reboot/dark and more realistic take.

Nolan films > Burton > and then a big gap.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The new one looks like a hybrid to me.

Burton = Gothic surrealism / spooky vibe
Nolan = Realism
Snyder = angry batman

This kinda looks like a batman year one take - the "not for kids" vibe is a little bit burton (though I still miss the rest of that look), the realism of this batmobile is more real worldly like Nolan and there seems to be touch of the psycho batman....

I dunno, I don't think it's the movie I wanted them to make, especially that realistic batmobile...but I'll watch it cos it does look pretty well done.

But yeah - the flash movie has a lot of interest to me. I nerded up hard for even the hint of the 89 batmobile in the teaser trailer.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, very gritty. Colin Farrell looks awesome as Penguin. They're definitely trying for a Dark Knight vibe, but going for that Batman Year One script they never made.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

This scene is so powerful. So much tension, so much suspense, and Robert Pattinson doesn’t say a word, yet says so much. I think this movie could turn out to be great

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It does look really good. I'm kinda excited for it too. Saw a trailer the other night at the cinema. Looks great on the big screen.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Saw this last night, and I thought it was fantastic. Highly recommended!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

How was Pattinson as Batman?

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

How was Pattinson as Batman?

Surprisingly really good.

I only know home from seeing a bit of Twilight, but I’ve heard plenty of people say he’s a great actor. And he was great in this.

It’s still early on in Batman’s life in this movie, so we don’t see the charming billionaire side of Bruce Wayne, we see him living out his sadness in Bruce, and then anger and vengeance as Batman, and he’s great in that part.

Board footer