You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Chinese Democracy Starts...(Rumored GH Re-Release in June)

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Ok...now i'm pulling this out of my ass...but like rather than evade his deal...might this not be a wind-up to actually releasing Chinese Democracy? Like couldn't hurt to remind a causal listener why GNR was a good band...then release a new album...a few months after. A GH album isn't for the fans like us who already have all the records. Its either gets bought by those reliving their youth who dont follow the band - who then might pick up the new album for the hell of it after re-enjoying the tracks they grew up hearing...or by new kids who might check it out cos they've heard their parents talk about the band (same reason I checked out the beatles as a kid)...if they then dig the music then they might be interested to hear a CD follow up.

Not saying it will happen.

But It helps to keep the brand alive I'd have thought.

When you spend 15 years on a record and your best idea to promote it is releasing your old band's hits, then it cannot get more pathetic. BTW it really can't get.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Neemo wrote:

maybe this is just a new pressing...but somehow its getting received differently? i cant find the news anywhere else so seems kinda weird

It's already on Gigwise, The Element, and NME.  Give it a few hours and it'll be all over the net.  I don't think it can be a new pressing... they're constantly pressing copies of albums and they never make news like this.  This is getting retarded.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Backslash wrote:

This is getting retarded.

no comment

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I wonder if this could be that double disk thing "Welcome to the Jungle:The Very Best of Guns N Roses"

but NME has gotten their lines crossed...if Axl gets to release his own version of GH it would make much more sense  to me

anyone got those pics of the artwork of that double disk GH?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

It probably just means there'll be a new promotional push for the album, press a few extra copies put a couple of the adverts on the tv etc and you can cash in on the fathers day gift rush.

Sky Dog wrote:

This new management team is really getting things done! This is awesome news. 22

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Can someone change the name of this thread to something more appropriate?

"The Nothing Thread" is already taken.. 16

russtcb wrote:

Can someone change the name of this thread to something more appropriate?

Ah, man...

It was funny!

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

For the record, I also love GN'Rs cover of SFTD, but on topic this is stupid if it's the same GH.

Board footer