You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

ClaudeF wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

He, er, does that anyway. Standing around being "deactivated" and then springing into life to shred is kind of the keystone of his stage persona.

For sure! It is just that he seemed so underutilized back then. Not simply waiting to shred, but waiting on others.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Meanwhile, spotted this ...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                                                                     
May 17, 2023
SLASH JUMPS ONSTAGE WITH DOROTHY TO PERFORM “GIFTS FROM THE HOLY GHOST” AT HER SOLD-OUT TROUBADOUR SHOW IN LOS ANGELES

VIDEO PREMIERES TODAY, MAY 17TH

(VIEWING LINK BELOW)

Rock artist Dorothy recently performed at a sold-out show at the Troubadour in Los Angeles and was joined onstage by guitar legend SLASH for her song “Gifts From The Holy Ghost.” The Troubadour show coincided with the one-year anniversary of Dorothy The Band’s same named album Gifts From The Holy Ghost and was full of fans and industry giants.  Dorothy’s most recent was top 10 on the Active Rock charts and the video has over 2.4 million views.

Watch Video Here!

Dorothy is the ONLY female led band on the rock charts right now and recently performed dates in Tampa, Orlando, Newark, Worcester, Milwaukee and St. Paul with upcoming performances at Sonic Temple Art & Music Festival 2023 in Columbus, OH on May 26th, Upheaval Festival 2023 in Grand Rapids, MI on July 14th, and Rock Fest in Cadott, WI on July 15th.

Named an “Artist You Need to Know” by Rolling Stone, Dorothy has amassed over 1.3 million monthly Spotify listeners, 1 billion streams in all time global coverage and their latest album Gifts From The Holy Ghost has over 59 million streams.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think whoever bullied Bucket head should have been fired.

Then whoever bullied bumblefoot should have been fired a second time.

Too much bullshit surrounding this band.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Can I suggest the title of this thread changes for 'if' to 'when'!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Axl S wrote:

So on the talk of the 6 song disc from 08, that's not what I was referring to.

There's the Mike Piazza disc which contained IRS and is supposedly where the 06 leaks of IRS, TWAT, TWAT Long Version and Instrumentals came from. May also be where Better 06 came from but that might have been sourced from Axl playing that disc in a strip club in July 2003.

Not thought about that disk for a long time, I'd always heard there were only 3 songs on it. Trunk was interviewed by Sp1at about this way back

2) Did you listen to the other two tracks on the IRS CD Mike was sent and if so, what were they like?

ET) It was almost two years ago, so I don't remember that much. It sounded kind of like G&R; with a modern edge. Same direction as Oh My God.

3) The so-called 'Axl comment/response' to the IRS leak was actually made up. Does that change your negative opinion of GN'R and their handling of the situation?

ET) Sure. I'd also like to know who's making up quotes for Axl as I'm sure he would! Mike and I met Axl after the MSG show and it was really cool. There was no bad intent in what we did. We didn't even know it was legit! It was coming from a place of being a fan. Mike is actually a bigger G&R; fan then me, it's one of his all time favorites. We co-opertated fully with management. I not only stripped the song from the replays of my show but never played the other two songs or put it online. Few people in radio would have been as cool about it, but it was NOT done to harm anybody, which is why it bothered me that it was interpreted that way by some. Somebody from the label called me not to reprimand me, but to ask how it was, which I thought was funny.

4) Mike Piazza and you were backstage at MSG during the 2002 Chinese Democracy tour. Can you in any way link your appearance at that Guns gig with Mike receiving the IRS CD

ET) Not at all. I think somebody at a studio somewhere had a copy and sent it to Mike. It was in his fan mail, so it could have been there a long time, even before MSG, before Mike opened it and gave it to me. http://www.sp1at.com/item.php?id=269

That's assuming Trunk was being honest of course

Brodie 2
 Rep: -1 

Brodie 2 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Been around on and off since 2006 started with Newgnr.com although lurked for a few years before that. Never been on HTGTH so must of been mygnr. None of them are as active as they were back in the day tbf, although like you say people sadly are passing away like Brodie.
God even the concept of a proboards forum

I'm dead? News to me.

But you know what is truly dead and buried? I'll give you a hint. It starts with "G" and ends with "Roses". As your humble counselor, I would advise the remaining stragglers of this message board to pursue yoga, weightlifting, dianetics, a healthy diet and vitamin regiment, the intricacies of the United States economic system, learning a second language, hell, learning how to speak English properly in the first place, basic logic, stocking up on food and ammunition, the art of cunnilingus, or perhaps, if you're feeling bold, hitting yourself on the head with a large hammer for an hour or two. These are just cursory suggestions but I sincerely promise you - all of these are far more noble pursuits than giving Axl Rose another minute of your time.

As a final adieu, do you think that Mr. Rose finally realized what an incompetent fuck-up he was in 2008 after the two self-sabotaged big payday reunion attempts and his soft blacklisting from the industry or how else do you explain his psychotic break and subsequent stay in the loony bin? Oh, you thought he just vanished from doing promo for no reason?

Jokes (like this band) aside, I wish everyone the best.

-L!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Brodie 2 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Been around on and off since 2006 started with Newgnr.com although lurked for a few years before that. Never been on HTGTH so must of been mygnr. None of them are as active as they were back in the day tbf, although like you say people sadly are passing away like Brodie.

I'm dead? News to me.

But you know what is truly dead and buried? I'll give you a hint. It starts with "G" and ends with "Roses". As your humble counselor, I would advise the remaining stragglers of this message board to pursue yoga, weightlifting, dianetics, a healthy diet and vitamin regiment, the intricacies of the United States economic system, learning a second language, hell, learning how to speak English properly in the first place, basic logic, stocking up on food and ammunition, the art of cunnilingus, or perhaps, if you're feeling bold, hitting yourself on the head with a large hammer for an hour or two. These are just cursory suggestions but I sincerely promise you - all of these are far more noble pursuits than giving Axl Rose another minute of your time.

As a final adieu, do you think that Mr. Rose finally realized what an incompetent fuck-up he was in 2008 after the two self-sabotaged big payday reunion attempts and his soft blacklisting from the industry or how else do you explain his psychotic break and subsequent stay in the loony bin? Oh, you thought he just vanished from doing promo for no reason?

-L!

Oh dear..... these grapes are sour....

I dont tend to care where you live but wherever it may be I hope you LIVE FREE.

I didn't seek your council, never sought your advice.
Never thought of it as giving Axl Rose a minute of my time, thank you for giving me several of yours.

As a final adieu, why claim jokes aside when you made none?

Mental health issues, probably not something to use as a weapon...
You should know that.
You below all others.
I wish you the best.

GNRVahland
 Rep: 0 

GNRVahland wrote:

How about new music ???
Something seems to float around....
Catcher and snippet This I love...and  2 others ? (Old era ???)

EDIT : BS....sorry

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Brodie 2 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I'm dead? News to me.

-L!

According to Sweersa at Mygnr, you have Soul Monster and probably the rest of CD2, so it's easy for you to tell others to stop wasting their time following the band, as it obviously has nothing more to offer you. The rest of us aren't so fortunate.

GNRVahland
 Rep: 0 

GNRVahland wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
Brodie 2 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I'm dead? News to me.

-L!

According to Sweersa at Mygnr, you have Soul Monster and probably the rest of CD2, so it's easy for you to tell others to stop wasting their time following the band, as it obviously has nothing more to offer you. The rest of us aren't so fortunate.

"Liar" and "Fever" are CD2 songs ?
EDIT: NO...fake

Board footer