You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Dani_1455 wrote:

I've commented on Mygnrforum, a fan asked Richard about we are all tired we want new things and he answered: so probably better you must rest for a while.

I don't know if these means no Chinese leftlovers released anytime soon or no new music that was something we already knew

People tend to blow up nothing into something, i wouldn't read too much into it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Axl didn’t sing the “ahhh” scream in “Absurd.” He just pointed in the air when the recording played.

I've noticed he often gestures at Melissa or otherwise to the screen etc when the scream is triggered.

My take now is that he's actually purposely drawing attention to the fact its a sample so as to avoid any suggestion that he was attempting to mime to a backing track.

Like not only is he not miming to it but he makes it so no one could be confused that its a sample.

Like being honest upfront that that part of the vocal is not live.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Axl didn’t sing the “ahhh” scream in “Absurd.” He just pointed in the air when the recording played.

I've noticed he often gestures at Melissa or otherwise to the screen etc when the scream is triggered.

My take now is that he's actually purposely drawing attention to the fact its a sample so as to avoid any suggestion that he was attempting to mime to a backing track.

Like not only is he not miming to it but he makes it so no one could be confused that its a sample.

Like being honest upfront that that part of the vocal is not live.

That is a really good point. Look at what KISS and Motley Crue and even WASP are apparently doing nowadays …

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

ClaudeF wrote:

He should run around less to preserve his lung capacity. Same trap Mick Jagger got onto around 1981. Everyone saw him sprinting across the stage in that concert that aired on cable TV (on HBO, I think?) and expected it of him, whereas in the ‘60s and ‘70s he tended to stand at the microphone.

There was a noticeable improvement in his vocals in London, IMO – where the stage was wet and slippery, so he couldn't run around as much.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Dani_1455 wrote:

I've commented on Mygnrforum, a fan asked Richard about we are all tired we want new things and he answered: so probably better you must rest for a while.

I don't know if these means no Chinese leftlovers released anytime soon or no new music that was something we already knew

It was probably his way of saying calm down 16

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Dani_1455 wrote:

I hope so, we also have a quote from Frank the same day saying that they hope to play Perhaps soon, so things are starting to make no sense for me!

Shacklermyrye

Dani_1455 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Dani_1455 wrote:

I hope so, we also have a quote from Frank the same day saying that they hope to play Perhaps soon, so things are starting to make no sense for me!

It doesnt really matter what either of them say as it's not there choice when and if things come out.
But Franks comments are him admitting Perhaps is good to go when the choice is made to release it, which is a good thing.
And Fortus comment has been blown way out of proportion, he is probably sick of being asked questions he either is not allowed to respond to or more than likely can't because he doesnt know.

I really dont understand why this has been blown up into such an issue on Mygnr. His comments dont change the fact that the song is being soundchecked (that very day) & that Axl and Slash have been listening to mixes, they may not have been happy with the mixes but that song at least is clearly coming out.

Shacklermyrye

I uploaded this to youtube but it got pulled quick by whoever has rights to rapidfire. so ill put it here for anyone who wants to listen.
It's closure by rapidfire but i ran kevin Lawrence's guitars through some amp mods and distorted his tone. Boosted axl's vocals too. Sounds fuller than the original version

https://we.tl/t-jcK7oPsqxf

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Supposedly Duff told this German version of CR that news are coming in the next week.

https://classicrock.net/guns-n-roses-fr … wPNjfheHmc

Sky Dog wrote:

axl Lol

Board footer