You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

polluxlm wrote:

Whenever I hear the names Beta, Fernando and manager in the same sentence I think about this clip:

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I had not thought of this interview in a while, but re-reading it after what we were blessed to hear in 2019 puts Axl’s interest in Moby’s work in a different light. Especially the part about there being lots of great instrumentals.

Ditto the reference to the Passengers project, which was U2 blowing off steam and experimenting, really for the same reason as the acoustic side of GNR Lies: To make music in a low-pressure environment in order to clear their heads.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge … o_ask.html

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

Working on the record for 6 years in 1997? Doesn‘t really add up..

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
WARose wrote:

Working on the record for 6 years in 1997? Doesn‘t really add up..

Nah.  This one I believe.  If he's been in the studio/writing since Illusions had been released in 1991, then yeah I consider it "working". I mean he doesn't have to have recorded anything in those years.

Why he got pissed off at Moby (and continues to to this day) for asking that Q is the weird part to me.

Sky Dog wrote:

We gotta be hitting rock bottom now…day after day trying to figure out things we will never get answers for….and if we do get an answer, we don’t believe it.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

We need to vote with our wallets. GNR is coming back on tour in North America soon and ticket sales are weak. No new music from them means I won’t be paying for a ticket. If enough of us do that — and appears to be the case — they may step up. Sure hope so.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

slashsfro wrote:

Why he got pissed off at Moby (and continues to to this day) for asking that Q is the weird part to me.

Maybe Axl just has a keenly-attuned sense of when someone is a creepy little weirdo?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/ … ing-memoir

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

ClaudeF wrote:

I had not thought of this interview in a while, but re-reading it after what we were blessed to hear in 2019 puts Axl’s interest in Moby’s work in a different light. Especially the part about there being lots of great instrumentals.

Ditto the reference to the Passengers project, which was U2 blowing off steam and experimenting, really for the same reason as the acoustic side of GNR Lies: To make music in a low-pressure environment in order to clear their heads.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge … o_ask.html

Like WARose said those years don't really add up.

Also where is this guy bumping into Izzy? I bet he saw Fortus and got confused

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think it adds up in an approximation kind of way.

Like when he said 6 he might have meant 5. Or like maybe he means it's been 6 years since they made a record and this is all they got even if it was written last week.

All it needs is one song that was from around 1991 that Axl had been fooling with but not ready for UYI and it would be made legit.

I remember TSI was expanded from an EP to an Album to buy time to create a new album....wouldn't surprise me if there were licks and half done ideas from that sort of time frame waiting. Like write a melody idea one night in the hotel on the road...develop it casually over years....boom it's 6 years on when moby hits it.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

This is another one of the fake leaks from back in the day. Does anyone know anything about the band who did it? because I can find nothing on them at all. If someone posted it back in the day as a fake leak then I assume the scream at 34 seconds in was added by them. It reminds me of the scream sample in Absurd a bit. Again kind of like that "Oh the humanity" clip this seems like somthing Brain would come up with.

Board footer