You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General confirmed next

Fortus interview. I'll post here as it's first time I think I have seen The General actually mentioned in an interview aside from Brando's podcast or something. Relevent parts clipped out below

https://www.stltoday.com/life-entertain … c4382.html
“We’ve got a bunch of new songs, new music and we’re revisiting old songs we haven’t done before,” Fortus says. “That keeps it a little fresh.”
A new song the band has been performing is “Perhaps,” which he says has been revisited, reworked and rerecorded over the years since 2002, when he joined Guns N’ Roses.

“I’m thrilled with how it came out,” he says. “It’s a great song — one of my favorite Guns N’ Roses songs. Lyrically, it’s very mature, and I think it’s some of Axl’s best work.”

“The General,” which he calls the B-side to “Perhaps,” also was long in progress and could join the show soon.

“Absurd” and “Hard Skool” were introduced in live shows a year or so ago.

“We’re clearing things out — priming the pumps for things that have been around that we wanna get out and release before releasing new music,” he says.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

“We’re clearing things out — priming the pumps for things that have been around that we wanna get out and release before releasing new music,” he says.

Dont-Believe.jpg

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Thanks for sharing that. It is fun that he gets t-shirts from local places for the band to wear.

This, however, made me shake my head. He talks as if they are as freeform as The Grateful Dead. Didn’t someone say he has been inaccurate in the past?

“We don’t have a set list. It’s different every night. The tour is exceptional in that regard. We’ve settled into a zone, but when we started, it was really ‘anything goes.’”

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

If it takes 7 years to tart up some old nu gnr tracks then we'll all be dead by the time new new music comes out

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

If it takes 7 years to tart up some old nu gnr tracks then we'll all be dead by the time new new music comes out

Pretty much. sad

The Stones’ new song from the upcoming album is epic. And they’re talking about touring next year.

Why are these guys in their 80s who influenced GNR seeming more excited about being a rock band than GNR itself?

They need to just rush-release as much of the ChiDem sessions as possible — without overdubs or overthinking things — to give us something to listen to if they are going to be absent for a while.

Again, the leakers have done the test-marketing for the band. It will sell.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

This is an actual comment from GNR Reddit, on the possibility of The General getting a vinyl only release: "Why are people acting like they own the song and / or the song should be free? It has been in the making for yeeears, so go figure the pricetag. Aside from that, vinyl has been making a nice comeback over the past few years, lots of people like to collect it and many people will buy vinyl, no problem.

If you think it's not worth buying, you might never hear it. Just like you might never see the Mona Lisa if you don't want to buy a ticket to the Louvre."

I swear I hate this fanbase sometimes.

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

This is an actual comment from GNR Reddit, on the possibility of The General getting a vinyl only release: "Why are people acting like they own the song and / or the song should be free? It has been in the making for yeeears, so go figure the pricetag. Aside from that, vinyl has been making a nice comeback over the past few years, lots of people like to collect it and many people will buy vinyl, no problem.

If you think it's not worth buying, you might never hear it. Just like you might never see the Mona Lisa if you don't want to buy a ticket to the Louvre."

It better be good. I haven't used my record player in a while but I will be getting it ready soon!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Jesus christ....
You should send him a pic of The Mona Lisa in response

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:

If I was the CEO of best buy I'd be asking for an exclusive to pay back for all those copies of CD that never got sold

Sky Dog wrote:

I have to go buy a turntable in order to hear 1 20 year old song…..only in GNR world

Board footer