You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General and Monsters

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Someone should do a remix with eye on you being the bridge between these two songs ha ha

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Two songs? Monster is The General cause is the intro they used un the conciertos. Don't understand It.
And can't believe this is the final version and the final mix. Horrible!

Phrozeninfuego

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Someone should do a remix with eye on you being the bridge between these two songs ha ha

I might be doing one single mix of all the highlights of the village and current leaks. I will distort, slow it down, speed it up, chop it up For YouTube SoundCloud so it doesn't get taken down!

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:

I wonder how Slash truly feels about reworking and releasing CD era songs. Is he picking from the vault because he's genuinely interested and "inspired," or does he see it as a means to an end, in that the quicker they bang these out, the quicker they can get into a studio and create new material?

carlossacanell

Where is the connection between NR and TG Sebastian talked about. Ridiculous

Phrozeninfuego

carlossacanell wrote:

Maybe that part got deleted.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

Baz was probably high. Anything he has said should not be taken seriously.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

In trying to figure out the lyrics, these are missing some of the things we've seen in Axl lyrics -  The General is....VCV... or just all chorus, or whatever, but there's no switch up (that I can tell) - lots of Axl's choruses never actually repeated 100%, usually there's a switch up. Like I would have expected a "My only regret" to turn into "I'll never regret" the last time it comes around. There's also no climax moment in the General, typified by The Blues or Prostitute, or like in Monsters when he goes into rant section. General is just oddly...symmetrical.

Pepe666
 Rep: 0 

Pepe666 wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

It was quoted on a Rolling Stone article on 2008:

When Rolling Stone spoke with Sebastian Bach about the alleged Chinese Democracy leak, he reported that he’s heard “at least four albums’ worth” of finished Guns n’ Roses tracks, recalling a night in January 2007 when Rose rolled out new songs from midnight to 6 a.m. at New York’s Electric Lady studios. He says Rose told him that a slow, grinding track called “The General” is “the sequel to [Use Your Illusion II‘s] ‘Estranged,’ that goes to the parable that Del James wrote of the trilogy” (James penned the short story that inspired the “November Rain” video). “He’s like the George Lucas of rock,” Bach marvels. “I know for a fact it’s not him saying, ‘Let’s wait and work on [Chinese Democracy] some more. He has a whole new business team. Irving Azoff is in control, along with Andy Gould. They are trying to figure out the best way to put the music out.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi … ed-184435/

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

the general certainly isn't what any of us were expecting. just listened to it in the shower and it made me extremely uncomfortable. definitely doesn't pass the "can i cut the grass to this?" test either. chorus is very catchy, though - maybe catchier than anything on chinese democracy. "my only regret is i never took the time to forget" is a simple but great lyric. hearing an old man sing "daddy" is strange. overall, i'd probably give it a 6/10. the vocals in the pre-chorus sound horrible; hopefully that part sounds better when we get a proper rip of the song.

monsters, on the other hand, is pretty fuckin' awesome. easily my favorite of the "new" songs we've heard since slash and duff came back. it's catchy as hell, has great guitars, and some of axl's best vocals since the 90s. "soul monster" is a way cooler name than just "monsters", but whatever. kick ass song to have right before halloween. i'm throwing a party tonight and monsters will definitely get played on my system - maybe even a few times depending on much bourbon gets consumed. this one gets a strong 8/10 for me.

i wonder if these get played live... i can't see axl pulling off either one, tbh. he might die on stage trying to sing the bridge on monsters. 14

i would give my left lung to hear the bucket versions of these songs. the general is for sure missing a killer guitar solo.

really, really hoping monsters is included on the perhaps 7". if we only get the general, i'd be pretty sad... but since these leaks likely came from early vinyl shipments, we should get both, right?

now, the only big mythical songs that remain are what, seven and ides of march? we could also get versions with vocals of quick song, me and my elvis, oklahoma and zodiac. this is all insanely cool - i never thought we'd hear any of this stuff. 9

Board footer