You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Re: The General and Monsters

Saboteur wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

from 3:35 to 4:33 I hear Robin on Monsters

from 3:46 to 4:19 I hear Robin on The General

Robin is on perhaps for like three notes lol

I know lol and that still enrages me that AXL did that to Robin. Perhaps would've been such a big mainstream commercial hit on radio and the charts if Perhaps had Robin's solo and not Slash.

Yes, we already had a lot of mainstream commercial hits with the release of Chinese Democracy lol

Appetiteforcovers
 Rep: 1 

So far only the Bucket/Robin versions of The General and Monsters have leaked. The Slash/Duff reworked versions of The General and Monsters have yet to leak. And that's because AXL has those tightly locked under lock and key because the vinyl release is set for December of this year.

So is it confirmed the demo is Bucket/Robin? I thought that it was from the Vinyl release.

I hear a bit of Slash in Monsters. I’m not one to know the differences in guitar styles to be fair.

Mikeman5150
 Rep: 0 

Mikeman5150 wrote:

Are these songs still out there or have I missed the boat?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Appetiteforcovers wrote:

So far only the Bucket/Robin versions of The General and Monsters have leaked. The Slash/Duff reworked versions of The General and Monsters have yet to leak. And that's because AXL has those tightly locked under lock and key because the vinyl release is set for December of this year.

So is it confirmed the demo is Bucket/Robin? I thought that it was from the Vinyl release.

I hear a bit of Slash in Monsters. I’m not one to know the differences in guitar styles to be fair.

No it’s not confirmed. They’re guessing, like everyone else. They just want it to be Robin.

Which it could be but it’s based off no more knowledge than anyone else has.

Appetiteforcovers wrote:

it's not officially confirmed because AXL and TB don't roll that way. And neither do any members of the band past or present. I'm basing it on the General and Monsters on the vinyl will sound completely different and will be completely reworked from what you hear on the demos. The AXL vocals will sound completely different on the vinyl because it'll be new vocals like it was for the Perhaps release. The guitars will have different sounds because the Slash sound is different from the Robin/Bucket sounds. You hear the difference between them on Hard Skool and Absurd. That's the difference you'll hear on the official The General/Monsters vinyl.

Saboteur wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Robin is on perhaps for like three notes lol

I know lol and that still enrages me that AXL did that to Robin. Perhaps would've been such a big mainstream commercial hit on radio and the charts if Perhaps had Robin's solo and not Slash.

Yes, we already had a lot of mainstream commercial hits with the release of Chinese Democracy lol

Well, Chinese Democracy didn't have a lot of commercial hits because AXL chose the worst song to be its lead single and that was Chinese Democracy. It's one-minute-long intro killed any chance of success on radio or the charts. And it was panned. But if AXL had released Better as the first single and then There Was A Time as the second single, and finally released This I Love as the third single with music videos for all three songs then it would have been a completely different story for Chinese Democracy.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Appetiteforcovers wrote:

it's not officially confirmed because AXL and TB don't roll that way. And neither do any members of the band past or present. I'm basing it on the General and Monsters on the vinyl will sound completely different and will be completely reworked from what you hear on the demos. The AXL vocals will sound completely different on the vinyl because it'll be new vocals like it was for the Perhaps release. The guitars will have different sounds because the Slash sound is different from the Robin/Bucket sounds. You hear the difference between them on Hard Skool and Absurd. That's the difference you'll hear on the official The General/Monsters vinyl.

Perhaps is basically the same vocal track as the demo. What are you talking about. These two could be earlier versions of the slash and duff sessions just as much as it being not them. No way to be sure. And these vocals will probably be really similar to the official release.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Appetiteforcovers wrote:

what are you talking about
the perhaps vocals are exactly the same, they just put more reverb on the slash version

Also Monsters to me sounds like slash and duff
it sounds like stuff they did in VR
I mean the bass in Monsters sounds a lot like slither
IF it is Tommy on Monsters, it is pretty ironic he wrote the bass to slither before Duff did lol

It will also be irnoic if that is not slash on Monsters since I said its slashs best work on  these CD era left over songs when I am not a fan of his work on the other songs

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Appetiteforcovers wrote:

the perhaps vocals are exactly the same, they just put more reverb on the slash version

IF it is Tommy on Monsters, it is pretty ironic he wrote the bass to slither before Duff did lol

It will also be irnoic if that is not slash on Monsters since I said its slashs best work on  these CD era left over songs when I am not a fan of his work on the other songs

The AXL vocal take on Perhaps is completely different from the demo. The guitars on Perhaps are completely different from the demo. I assume it'll be the same pattern for The General and Monsters on the vinyl. These are CD era demos. I've heard Slither. I've seen its music video too. i don't hear Slither on The General or Monsters. I hear CD era sounds and NIN industrial influenced sounds on them. Slither and The General and Monsters are two different worlds apart.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

The AXL vocal take on Perhaps is completely different from the demo. The guitars on Perhaps are completely different from the demo. I assume it'll be the same pattern for The General and Monsters on the vinyl. These are CD era demos. I've heard Slither. I've seen its music video too. i don't hear Slither on The General or Monsters. I hear CD era sounds and NIN industrial influenced sounds on them. Slither and The General and Monsters are two different worlds apart.

It's Axl not AXL. Dont gotta yell his name everytime. He wont hear you. The vocal take is the same on perhaps. Listen again and then again if needed.

Board footer