You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: The General and Monsters

Rex wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

No, bc he just re did solos

Redid solos and a bunch of rhythm parts (notably CD verses). Pretty much exactly what Slash did!

Ron is such a great dude and was literally the only mouthpiece we had for the band post '06. Can't say enough great things about the guy as a person. However, his contributions were so unnecessary to the CD sessions. That's not a knock at him, but further proof that they should have pulled the trigger by 2006 at the latest. After hearing the village sessions and the '07 leaks, there is no reason this saga should have lasted as long as it did. But it is what it is and we don't know every detail, this is only my perspective as an obsessive fan.

With that being said, Ron's vision of writing new music together (you know..as a band) would have produced better results than him going back and adding more layers to tracks that were already on the verge of being over bloated.

No matter how divided the fanbase has been on various topics, i think we can all agree that pulling the trigger on the album anytime between 00 and 06 would have drastically altered the trajectory and success of nu guns.

I like what he added to the song CD but other than that,  yeh

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:
wagszilla wrote:
misterID wrote:

Jfc, Axl, it didn’t need to be remixed! mad

https://i.postimg.cc/zDnyNGmd/d0b793c88 … 48df6e.jpg

That's the Hammerstein Axl and holy hell did he sound great at that time - he also seemed like he WANTED to be on stage, big time. Not saying he doesn't now.. but its.. different.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
darknemus wrote:
wagszilla wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's the Hammerstein Axl and holy hell did he sound great at that time - he also seemed like he WANTED to be on stage, big time. Not saying he doesn't now.. but its.. different.

He was hungry in 06. Almost like he had something to prove. There was definitely a fire lit under him. Would have been the best time to release new music and play it.

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:
darknemus wrote:
wagszilla wrote:
misterID wrote:

The buzz was incredible in 2006. Old fans, blogs, and the press were all extremely positive.

It all seemed meant to be... and then...

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

I feel like my youth flashed before my eyes.

Well... I got one chance left in a nine lives cat.

Bill Brasky
 Rep: 0 

Bill Brasky wrote:
darknemus wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Oh the wrong time part, I was more talking to the other guy, meaning just because one tiny part of the song may have a new vocal overdub, does not mean the whole vocal track is new

The more important thing is we don't know if those new 'overdubs' were taken, simply, from alternate takes during the original recording sessions. That's why I PERSONALLY don't think we've heard any post, let's say 2002 or so vox on ANY of the CD material or leaks we've had our hands on thereafter. Obviously I don't have much to draw that conclusion from except for the perceptible change in how he sounds on "Angel Down" and, later, "Rock the Rock"..

I could very well be wrong, like I said, its just my opinion - the problem is we don't have enough of a data set to form a more conclusive one, at this point in time.. who knows, though smile

No shit it all the leaks basically are from the village session era. Minus the remixes , Shacklers  , Scrapped.

But you know this.

You know there are a bunch of uncirculated village session era dics.

The way you use certain language in your post reminds me of another individual. 

I'm coming at you directly not trying to be rude but hoping you want to share with the community a proper history lesson. 

We can all see that players at the table again. the last go around in 2019 wasn't what it appeared. The question is how the river card plays out this time.

Ps the Patrice documentary disappointed me.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:
darknemus wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Oh the wrong time part, I was more talking to the other guy, meaning just because one tiny part of the song may have a new vocal overdub, does not mean the whole vocal track is new

The more important thing is we don't know if those new 'overdubs' were taken, simply, from alternate takes during the original recording sessions. That's why I PERSONALLY don't think we've heard any post, let's say 2002 or so vox on ANY of the CD material or leaks we've had our hands on thereafter. Obviously I don't have much to draw that conclusion from except for the perceptible change in how he sounds on "Angel Down" and, later, "Rock the Rock"..

I could very well be wrong, like I said, its just my opinion - the problem is we don't have enough of a data set to form a more conclusive one, at this point in time.. who knows, though smile

No shit it all the leaks basically are from the village session era. Minus the remixes , Shacklers  , Scrapped.

But you know this.

I'm coming at you directly not trying to be rude but hoping you want to share with the community a proper history lesson. 

We can all see that players at the table again. the last go around in 2019 wasn't what it appeared. The question is how the river card plays out this time.

Brasky I don't know if you are a technician like Bret the hitman Hart or a solid hand in the ring like Deelow Brown, but I'll be damned if your hypotheses don't get my juices flowing. I'm glad you don't fear the reaper (or other painted faces) or consider yourself king of the offspring. You're a dragon of a poster and I hope you continue to live and post free.  While this might not be the state of grace you imagined, your quips and contributions to this community don't go unoticed. Ugh I'm no good at being cryptic.

Bill Brasky
 Rep: 0 

Bill Brasky wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:
darknemus wrote:

But you know this.

Brasky I don't know if you are a technician like Bret the hitman Hart or a solid hand in the ring like Deelow Brown, but I'll be damned if your hypotheses don't get my juices flowing. I'm glad you don't fear the reaper (or other painted faces) or consider yourself king of the offspring. You're a dragon of a poster and I hope you continue to live and post free.  While this might not be the state of grace you imagined, your quips and contributions to this community don't go unoticed. Ugh I'm no good at being cryptic.

Thank you i appreciate it.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:
darknemus wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

But you know this.

If Monsters is infact Robin on there and not Slash it would not suprise me if it was from the Village sessions the ones without BH on them.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Well I'm personally waiting for chinesedemocracy@gnfr.com to answer all my questions.

Board footer