You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Re: The General and Monsters

Izzyjim wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:

.We still don't know for sure. So, the debate isn't over until we know.

One question: does it really fucking matters?

Whether it's Robin, Slash, Buckethead or Groucho fucking Marx - what difference does it make?

Enjoy the fucking song (or not, whatever you like)

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:

Whether it's Robin, Slash, Buckethead or Groucho fucking Marx - what difference does it make?

the only way it matters is if its not slash then the version we get on the record will be different.  That is about it

WLMusic wrote:

My post isn't a setup. I will be the first to admit, Fincks record solo to Better is perfect and I wish the live version was a little more faithful to the recording. I also really enjoyed the first half of his solo on the Perhaps demo but like the last half of Slashs. The prolonged bends where you can hear the subtle scraping of Slashs guitar strings on the fretboard are an excellent emotional compliment to returning to "Perhaps I was wrong..."

Bumblefoots Shacklers solo is excellent in my opinion. TWAT solo by Bucket is great as well.

Okay. I like Finck's Better too and Perhaps. Yeah. TWAT is EPIC with Robin and Buckethead solos.

Izzyjim wrote:

It matters because Axl turned his back on Chinese Democracy or else CD2 and CD3 with Robin and Bucket would be out by now and before 2016. And it matters because Robin has been treated bad by Axl. So has Bucket. And Tommy and Brain too. It's only fair for the demos to be Robin and Bucket since you'll keep getting what you want with official releases with your fav Slash like the vinyl release.

Sky Dog wrote:

Lighten up Francis….

Well, many are talking in my ear and telling me Robin is General and Monsters. You know that sound you guys say is VR and Slither on Monsters? Well, others are telling me they think that sound is industrial rock. And who in Guns N Roses does industrial rock? Robin does industrial rock in Guns N Roses. And that second solo in Monsters bursts and explodes on the high notes and it climbs the scale. Robin's solo does that on This I Love, Street Of Dreams, Better, and TWAT. Slash doesn't climb the scale. Slash solos don't burst and explode on the high notes. Slash is the lower end of the guitar note scale. Robin performs on the higher end. And people tell me Monsters sounds after deeper listens the same kind of CD demo sound that The General has. Not because of it being one big epic song with long intros and outros, but because of that trademark Chinese Democracy sound. That's what people are telling me on social media platforms.

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
Tmgladden wrote:

When I give my opinion that is just as valid as anybody else's is you don't tell others to move on after they give their opinions. How are their opinions more valid than mine?

Yes but when we give our opinion we don’t  drag it on for days like a dead horse saying the same thing . We get it, you think it’s robin, we think it’s slash. End of debate

But you could be wrong, and you and the majority always say it is Slash and beat that to a dead horse. The ones who say Slash beat the dead horse. Nobody calls them out on it. You just single me out. We still don't know for sure. So, the debate isn't over until we know. And you know why you gang up on me and single me out? It's because I don't like Slash and worship Slash. And because I don't act like Slash is my GOD.

Dude, I don’t want slash in the band either, or duff. I want nuguns. I’ve always preferred nuguns cause that’s what I grew up with. But that doesn’t change the fact you keep yourself singled out by not just dropping it. Let it die till we know for sure

AlThePal
 Rep: 0 

AlThePal wrote:

I know i'm late 2 the game but can someone hook me up!!! ???Can't find any links ???

Tmgladden wrote:
Tmgladden wrote:

Yes but when we give our opinion we don’t  drag it on for days like a dead horse saying the same thing . We get it, you think it’s robin, we think it’s slash. End of debate

But you could be wrong, and you and the majority always say it is Slash and beat that to a dead horse. The ones who say Slash beat the dead horse. Nobody calls them out on it. You just single me out. We still don't know for sure. So, the debate isn't over until we know. And you know why you gang up on me and single me out? It's because I don't like Slash and worship Slash. And because I don't act like Slash is my GOD.

Dude, I don’t want slash in the band either, or duff. I want nuguns. I’ve always preferred nuguns cause that’s what I grew up with. But that doesn’t change the fact you keep yourself singled out by not just dropping it. Let it die till we know for sure

The reason I keep defending Robin and Bucket is because everybody so strongly on their end defends Slash. I'm like alone on an island. But when I say people are telling me it is Robin on the General, and that Monsters is industrial rock I'm not making it up. I've shared the songs with Robin fans on twitter, reddit, and facebook and they think it is Robin.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Tmgladden wrote:

The reason I keep defending Robin and Bucket is because everybody so strongly on their end defends Slash. I'm like alone on an island. But when I say people are telling me it is Robin on the General, and that Monsters is industrial rock I'm not making it up. I've shared the songs with Robin fans on twitter, reddit, and facebook and they think it is Robin.

LOL at calling Monsters industiral rock when it sounds like VR.
You dont know what industrial rock is

Board footer