You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: The General and Monsters

dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

You think the general is Axls best vocal take on the CD era stuff? i think its one of his worst right up there with scrapped.

Oh My God is also good but only in the verses. This has a great chorus.

Stuff like This I Love is too Michael Bolton for me.

The chorus is the worst part of the general
Axl sounds way out of tune and his voice is super weak

The sound quality isn’t good enough to give fair judgement imo on General.

The bridge in Monsters however, chefs kiss. That is some of his best work since 91.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Oh My God is also good but only in the verses. This has a great chorus.

Stuff like This I Love is too Michael Bolton for me.

The sound quality isn’t good enough to give fair judgement imo on General.

The bridge in Monsters however, chefs kiss. That is some of his best work since 91.

his normal register voice on the song overall is really good, its when he goes high it sounds  bad. IMO

Now take Monsters, he is fantastic on that all around.  That is some of his best vocal work

I think all you VR and Slash fans are going to be in for such a BIG SURPRISE when the confirmation comes in.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:

I think all you VR and Slash fans are going to be in for such a BIG SURPRISE when the confirmation comes in.

I am neither a slash fan nor a VR fan.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

It sounds like his voice from the MTV VMAS which was awful

We must have different ears. 14

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

You dont think the "my only regret......" part sounds like this

https://youtu.be/bVxqMvoXhVc?si=jvlHEtSHY26MvN1P&t=42

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

The VMA catastrophe is the last thing I'm thinking about when hearing this. The voice is similar, but here it actually sounds good. In Jungle it doesn't.

Not only do I like the voice, but of course the melody. Axl was pretty weak on the CD we got imo. Not here.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The VMA catastrophe is the last thing I'm thinking about when hearing this. The voice is similar, but here it actually sounds good. In Jungle it doesn't.

Not only do I like the voice, but of course the melody. Axl was pretty weak on the CD we got imo. Not here.

That is because the studio version  of the general has all kinds of effects on axls voice and auto tuning to help it a bit. but you take all of that off and it will be even closer to the VMAs voice.  Axls voice is all over the place on the my only regret parts.  Its pretty awful. I even asked a few friends to take a listen and they said how bad he sounds lol 

They said he sounds way better on Monsters but still didnt like the song overall lol

Do you like how Axl sounds on Scraped?  Just curious.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

I'm not hearing anything out of tune. At the VMA's Axl was out of breath. His voice may have been lacking rasp at the time, but I'd say he was at his most powerful then. The 2001 Jungle scream is unmatched. The voice on The General sounds great and the effects add to it. I love it.

I kinda like Scraped. The intro voice is pretty meh, but the rest is better than most on CD. He's being raspy and that's far and between on that album. But my favorite part of Scraped is the solo.

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

polluxlm wrote:

I'm not hearing anything out of tune. At the VMA's Axl was out of breath. His voice may have been lacking rasp at the time, but I'd say he was at his most powerful then. The 2001 Jungle scream is unmatched. The voice on The General sounds great and the effects add to it. I love it.

I kinda like Scraped. The intro voice is pretty meh, but the rest is better than most on CD. He's being raspy and that's far and between on that album. But my favorite part of Scraped is the solo.

Maybe 2006 Rock Am Ring Jungle scream gives Rio 2001 a run for it's money. I believe 2006 is  one of the best he's ever done.

Board footer