You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: Guns n roses played the general

monsterscantkillme wrote:

But the solo on The General by Robin Finck is something so creative we've never heard before in a rock song.

hyperbolic to the extreme.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

AxlsDog wrote:

Here's wat im think The General releases tonight Monsters release Dec 8 Atlas Shrugged rumours are fake at this point

Some like that cover art i'm convinced are fake yeah. Atlas coming out as a song either this year or before next summer is something I do think will happen though.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I respect what you're saying. If you think you hear VR then you actually hear it. I'm not really into VR. I'm into Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy. I've compared Slither to Monsters and I'm honestly struggling to see how they are similar. The solos of Slither and Monsters aren't the same. I focus on solos. I don't focus on the other stuff. My fav member in a band is the lead guitarist more than anything else.

I am a way bigger CD era fan than you are.  And its bonkers you cant hear VR in the Monsters song.
Even if its not Slash and Duff, it sounds just like a VR song musically.

And who said the solos sound the same. WE are talking about the style of the overall song

The bass style is very similar as is the guitar style.

It's put into question if this demo really is Slash and Duff. Speculation is Monsters is from an uncirculated batch of 2006 discs that features all the other songs we've heard about that have been rumored about to be recorded by Slash and Duff returned to the live band tour in 2016 to 2023.

With all due respect you sound more like a Slash fan than you do a Robin, Bucket, Tommy, and Brain. You defend Slash so much and you're like one of the biggest Slash defenders on the forums. I don't defend Slash because I don't like Slash. I don't like Slash since he left. And he didn't leave peacefully. Slash left because he wanted to keep the nightrain going and Axl wanted more November Rain. Creative differences. The same thing that broke up John and Paul.

But I don't support 2023 Axl because Axl still won't release CD2 and CE3 with Robin and Bucket. And instead 2023 Axl let's Slash and Duff ruin Robin's and Bucket's art to PUMP UP the live tour and keep the cash rolling in. It's not about integraty and respect for Axl, it's all about the money for Axl. the money that keeps the cash train rolling all night long. the solo in VR is a standard, by the numebrs solo. Nothing special. But the solo on The General by Robin Finck is something so creative we've never heard before in a rock song. The same for the solo on Monsters if that is Robin. If it is Slash, then I'll give him the credit. But Monsters is still a question mark. But the Robin fans I ask on social media think Monsters is Robin too. And to me it's about the solos. Style overrall doesn't stand out. Rock solos do. The rock solo is where the money is in a song.

The speculation  has been its slash and duff not that its from 2006 LOL
Where do you come up with this stuff? The majority of the people who have heard Monsters think its slash and duff
Besides you no one has though its Robin

"you sound more like a Slash fan than you do a Robin, Bucket, Tommy, and Brain. "

This is by far the funniest thing I have ever read in the history of these forums. Do you even know who you are talking to?
I have always been outspoke against slash.  I trash him all the time for butchering these CD songs and him butchering the CD stuff live
You have to be trolling at this point.  I think its just time to ignore you

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I am a way bigger CD era fan than you are.  And its bonkers you cant hear VR in the Monsters song.
Even if its not Slash and Duff, it sounds just like a VR song musically.

And who said the solos sound the same. WE are talking about the style of the overall song

The bass style is very similar as is the guitar style.

It's put into question if this demo really is Slash and Duff. Speculation is Monsters is from an uncirculated batch of 2006 discs that features all the other songs we've heard about that have been rumored about to be recorded by Slash and Duff returned to the live band tour in 2016 to 2023.

With all due respect you sound more like a Slash fan than you do a Robin, Bucket, Tommy, and Brain. You defend Slash so much and you're like one of the biggest Slash defenders on the forums. I don't defend Slash because I don't like Slash. I don't like Slash since he left. And he didn't leave peacefully. Slash left because he wanted to keep the nightrain going and Axl wanted more November Rain. Creative differences. The same thing that broke up John and Paul.

But I don't support 2023 Axl because Axl still won't release CD2 and CE3 with Robin and Bucket. And instead 2023 Axl let's Slash and Duff ruin Robin's and Bucket's art to PUMP UP the live tour and keep the cash rolling in. It's not about integraty and respect for Axl, it's all about the money for Axl. the money that keeps the cash train rolling all night long. the solo in VR is a standard, by the numebrs solo. Nothing special. But the solo on The General by Robin Finck is something so creative we've never heard before in a rock song. The same for the solo on Monsters if that is Robin. If it is Slash, then I'll give him the credit. But Monsters is still a question mark. But the Robin fans I ask on social media think Monsters is Robin too. And to me it's about the solos. Style overrall doesn't stand out. Rock solos do. The rock solo is where the money is in a song.

The speculation  has been its slash and duff not that its from 2006 LOL
Where do you come up with this stuff? The majority of the people who have heard Monsters think its slash and duff
Besides you no one has though its Robin

"you sound more like a Slash fan than you do a Robin, Bucket, Tommy, and Brain. "

This is by far the funniest thing I have ever read in the history of these forums. Do you even know who you are talking to?
I have always been outspoke against slash.  I trash him all the time for butchering these CD songs and him butchering the CD stuff live
You have to be trolling at this point.  I think its just time to ignore you

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Hacks not slash!

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
AxlsDog wrote:

Here's wat im think The General releases tonight Monsters release Dec 8 Atlas Shrugged rumours are fake at this point

songs are usually released on a Tuesday or Friday. So if it was going to drop it will have been at midnight. 

yes today is a friday but usually the drop at midnight on Fridays

Just wait until there is official confirmation from the hoarders on whether it is Robin or Slash on either of the demos and you'll see. Just wait for the official confirmation from the hoarders. you'll see.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

So at the start of the general
Axl says I have not sang since the start of the tour this spring.

What do you think he means by that?  Does he mean has not sang this song?  Does that mean he did recent vocals for the general? Or maybe just since he reheased the song with the band?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

What do you think he means by that?  Does he mean has not sang this song?  Does that mean he did recent vocals for the general?

They probably sound checked it or rehearsed it at some point.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

My first assumption was he meant in spring rehearsal before the tour but could mean studio.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

What do you think he means by that?  Does he mean has not sang this song?  Does that mean he did recent vocals for the general?

They probably sound checked it or rehearsed it at some point.

A Private Eye wrote:

My first assumption was he meant in spring rehearsal before the tour but could mean studio.

yeah bc that is when it first appeared on the set list pics right

Board footer