You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General and Monsters

Sky Dog wrote:

robin bucket axl

I think all the original stuff will surface at some point in a huge boxset. Why not?

Now is not the time. Once the reunion happened, CD2 was toast. It’s unfortunate because I want the dudes on there who wrote it as well. However, I still love most of what we are getting.

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

robin bucket axl

I think all the original stuff will surface at some point on a huge boxset. Why not?

Now is not the time. Once the reunion happened, CD2 was toast. It’s unfortunate because I want the dudes on there who wrote it.

I feel the same way. It’s great we get official reworking, but man the originals are just so much better. Maybe minus absurd, silkworms was better

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

The more i listen to The General, the more I’m convinced the vocal effects will stay. That would be unfortunate but I’m also thinking we are hearing the official vinyl version.

Oh the vocal FX will stay, they will just level the vocals so its not all over the place
I still think someone may have messed with those parts esp if it was Walker who leaked it

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

The more i listen to The General, the more I’m convinced the vocal effects will stay. That would be unfortunate but I’m also thinking we are hearing the official vinyl version.

Oh the vocal FX will stay, they will just level the vocals so its not all over the place
I still think someone may have messed with those parts esp if it was Walker who leaked it

I think things will be a tad clearer but nothing major. We will find out soon unless we'll gnr does some gnr'ing.

Seven76
 Rep: 0 

Seven76 wrote:
Tmgladden wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

robin bucket axl

I think all the original stuff will surface at some point on a huge boxset. Why not?

Now is not the time. Once the reunion happened, CD2 was toast. It’s unfortunate because I want the dudes on there who wrote it.

I feel the same way. It’s great we get official reworking, but man the originals are just so much better. Maybe minus absurd, silkworms was better

Yes, that's right. So many years of waiting for CD2 to come. Hopefully someday, the demos are way better than the official releases imo but happily at least 5hings are rolling forward.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
Seven76 wrote:
Tmgladden wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

robin bucket axl

Yes, that's right. So many years of waiting for CD2 to come. Hopefully someday, the demos are way better than the official releases imo but happily at least 5hings are rolling forward.

It's the hoarders ultimate holy grail, original takes with BH/Finck.

Bill Brasky
 Rep: 0 

Bill Brasky wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:
darknemus wrote:

The band's lack of information flow puts everyone into such a desperate mode for, well, anything that often times, rational thinking goes out the window - I've been guilty of that, myself, on occasion. I don't know what you want me to 'help' with.. I share what I know when I learn it.. I openly speculate with other people (AND PROCLAIM IT AS OPEN SPECULATION) and I allow myself to be open to all possibilities.. even if I have become jaundiced by the lack of 'real info' when it comes to this clusterfuck of a band that somehow draws us together.. it is what it is.. que sera sera.

Well what about the other village disc ?

Tell us what your goals were as the chairman hypothetically ?

It seemed from the outside that the group had a individual whoses purpose was to control Rick and not let him affect the value of the assets of the hoarders and the rest of the village session disc uncirculated that they posses.

So "hypothetically" the hoarders already accepted what rick had would leak so take the loss and prevent him from doing more damage was their gameplan.

A bullshit outdated useless pdf a couple of poems for entertainment and leak the rest of the village stuff from the rick /bird purchase so the community would feel they got everything. Meanwhile the hoarding group maintains the rest of the village session disc that are uncirculated.

Thoughts Dark ?

Still waiting on your response !
Tee Hee

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
jonesy wrote:

The General has grown on me so much, It's been in my head all day. I love the eerie vibe, the off kilter vocals & guitar. It's uncomfortable in a compelling way, whereas I found absurd uncomfortable in a 'this is turd' way.

It just makes me want old pre-reunion stuff more.....that's the irony here. Sigh....

Same. It’s getting up there with TWAT as my favorite CD era track. I’m a fan of Bucket and Brain’s songs. Now I’m REALLY curious about Seven.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
misterID wrote:
jonesy wrote:

The General has grown on me so much, It's been in my head all day. I love the eerie vibe, the off kilter vocals & guitar. It's uncomfortable in a compelling way, whereas I found absurd uncomfortable in a 'this is turd' way.

It just makes me want old pre-reunion stuff more.....that's the irony here. Sigh....

Same. It’s getting up there with TWAT as my favorite CD era track. I’m a fan of Bucket and Brain’s songs. Now I’m REALLY curious about Seven.

It's also been in my head all day. Must be their plan 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Lol, I can’t think of another new era song that’s stuck with me like this one

Board footer