You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: The General and Monsters

harmon420 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Mojo…That dude destroyed that forum

I haven't talked to him in about 3-4 years. I don't really have anything against the guy.

Having said that...

What killed GNR Truth was the immediate censoring of the Village leaks.  That forum was still rocking and rolling at that point. It went from tons of activity to a ghost town overnight.  I checked it a year or two later and there were 2-3 people hanging in.

You can't prevent a starving fan base from listening to and discussing leaks. Well you can...but you see the results.

HTGTH also nosedived in activity from a similar approach.

I kinda understand where they were coming from...it was a MASSIVE leak and as we now know, GNR wound up releasing a few of those songs.

Like I said though...it's just not feasible with this fan base. Don't forget...mygnr and HTGTH initially considered such an approach in 2006-7.

Try to stop discussion...people just go to one of the other forums.

Look how many GNR forums have existed over the decades and how few were left once we got to the reunion, Village Leaks, and today.

It had a good run.

For the record, this Finck dude is definitely NOT Mojo.

A few years back Jordan Rose at Mygnr said that 95% of the other accounts on Gnrtruth were Mojo alts, and he was just talking to himself the entire time. He also said MSL abandoned the site when he found out. Have no idea if any of that was true or not.

I think once the extreme censorship started there was a mass exodus of the actual real posters. Then it was like 5 or 6 usernames, that I had never seen on any other gnr forums I lurked, that were die hard gnr fans and they all agreed with eachother on literally every subject.

Don't get me wrong, when it first started there were several long time gnr forum posters and some the most hardcore collectors. Levi, deelowbrown, fearthejuggalo, and trocoli all posted there. I registered there myself. Then I said something about how crazy warchild was on evo and then suddenly I was banned the next time I tried to log in. I totally buy that it was 95% alt accounts by the same very crazy person. I bet they all had @aol email adresses.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Didn’t MSL sell the site to a female member there? It was her and mojo, and they wouldn’t let anyone say anything negative about the band. The site is dead/defunct now. Literally killed it. MSL nearly banned him before leaving the site to the lady, can’t remember her name.

I’m convinced he was UziSuicidal

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Didn’t MSL sell the site to a female member there? It was her and mojo, and they wouldn’t let anyone say anything negative about the band. The site is dead/defunct now. Literally killed it. MSL nearly banned him before leaving the site to the lady, can’t remember her name.

I’m convinced he was UziSuicidal

There was most certainly a link between that site and the uzi suicidal bullshit takedowns. Maybe M traded the forum for that mythical other Village disc with Soul Monster with Bucket on lead guitar.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don’t think it was for songs because the girl who took over was just an average fan

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:

Honestly at this point I would say there are three more completed original songs from the CD sessions.

Seven
Atlas Shrugged
Oklahoma

That other Village disc that is being hoarded could just have more instrumentals on it lol.

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I do like the remix that imsorry did that added the chorus from RIR3 and HOB into the song to make it complete. But the video audio verse of Silkworms is amazing

Where can I find this remix?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

What of State of Grace?

It had fairly completed vocals compared to a lot of he locker leaks...it would be weird if they just abandoned it. I would also like to see a Silkworms2Absurd style remake of Eye on You into a rock song.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Slash said in 2019 that the redone CD stuff was enough to fill a record. That means at least 8 songs, maybe 10. We have gotten 5 now.

Atlas
Seven
Oklahoma
State of Grace
Quick Song

All of them could be in play.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

The band would be crazy not to release Monsters as a single with a cool video. I think it will be a big hit with hard rock and casual listeners.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I'm grateful for the variety of the songs coming out. There's not many bands that would give you such an eclectic mix of songs.

Will be very interesting to see what style they would adopt if they recorded a new album. Classic GNR? Modern VR style?

Board footer