You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Jaxlmorrison2
 Rep: 1 

Re: Hammerstein May 12, 2006

So, I was there (and what an amazing show and comeback.) We got the 3 ChiDem songs from 2001-2002 shows, and we got 3 debuts (Better, TWAT, IRS.) But I noticed after that show, there’d normally be less of those “new” songs, as they relied more on Appetite like in 2002.
Anyone have an idea why that was the case, in a year that was initially meant to promote the release of the album?
I’m asking cause I was happy as hell that night, and hearing almost half the album live, to me it was a sign back then like, ok the band’s evolving, moving on, and we’re gonna move into this new era of songs (which never happened, and I don’t think 6 ChiDem songs were played at a single show the rest of that run, and maybe not again til the end of 2009.)

Don’t get me wrong, I love My Michelle, Out Ta Get Me, Think about You, but when they’d start at a show, I’d kinda roll my eyes inside and think, cmon man. Let’s move on and get some more of that new stuff.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Same thing happened circa 2009 and 2010.

In the 2009 Asia shows Axl was doing stuff like TWAT and If The World, but by 2010 they were mostly gone again.

Jaxlmorrison2
 Rep: 1 

monkeychow wrote:

Same thing happened circa 2009 and 2010.

In the 2009 Asia shows Axl was doing stuff like TWAT and If The World, but by 2010 they were mostly gone again.

Yeah that was a disappointment too. By the time they made it to the States in late 2011 (after Rio,) at least songs like Estranged and Civil War were starting to appear. But still, yes, ChiDem wasn’t as fully represented as other times.

Board footer