You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: The General and Monsters

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

It's funny, Monsters is a more immediately "catchy" song, but after several listens The General has definitely grown on me to the point where I think I prefer it. I really like the off-kilter, horror movie sound.

Me too.

I love the "rant" part of monsters in scream voice, but there's not a lot of song to go with it - just kinda a little bit of a rap chorus. I mean I like it but it gets old quick waiting for that part each listen.  I think the high parts of The General are more haunting. It's funny too as on first listen the general didn't really work for me, but now I really like it.

I think it needed a "breakdown" or "locomotive" style outro though. Like slash seems to be warming up to something right when it ends.

I love the scream/solo bit, that's dead good. Though I do wish that Axl had written a second verse with different lyrics instead of doing his "just repeat the first verse and chorus twice, whack in a solo, job's a good 'un" thing. He's done that on a couple of recent songs.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Dave, last thing on this.

All that happened is darknemus told me and others (two of which also posted in this thread) about something, which sounds very different from what he said here publicly.

He then equivocated about the semantic of seen vs heard.

I understand the point that hearing on the phone isn't 100% certain proof, he pointed out the same in his conversation with us a few years ago, but he was also pretty confident it sounded legit.

This isn't like Closing In On You, which was obvious bullshit to anyone with a brain who listened to it.

As was pointed out when Dadud gave more detail than I like to give publicly: It was Zodiac with vocals, an alt vocal take for Hard School and an unknown piano song with vocals. Not comparable to Closing In On You which was hoaxer bullshit.

You don't need to go to bat so hard for someone you don't even know. You also don't need to say "I'm full of shit". It's needlessly aggressive.

Everything I've mentioned happened and I'm none the wiser on whether nemus was lying to me three years ago or if he is lying now publicly. Honestly, I'm curious and I'd like to know.

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:

Im sure this has been covered somewhere in this 102 page thread, but will the official release of The General make it more or less likely that we get the original version from the hoarders?

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

There you go Axl again with your nonsense. why do you have to keep being s dishonest?'

Its not semantics about what he heard vs seeing evidence what he heard is legit. Not sure why you are so stuck on this.
Dark never said he didn't hear something from Rick, he said he didn't see any evidence if they were legit or not.

No its not different than Closing in on you. Its just goes to what Dark was talking about. People  fake stuff all the time and claim its GNR. There are fan remixes of songs out there too and ones with fake vocals on it claiming to be GNR.

its  even harder to figure out if its legit over the phone as well.   

its just so weird you wont  let this guy when here is zero evidence dark has ever hoarded anything but you do know who does hoard things so you should maybe focus your engergy on those people instead.

"I understand the point that hearing on the phone isn't 100% certain proof, he pointed out the same in his conversation with us a few years ago, but he was also pretty confident it sounded legit."

Oh so now you are admit Dark even said over the phone he was not 100% certain, yet you are still going on and on about this lol
He didnt lie to you, you just admitted he siad the same thing back as he is saying now.  The only one lying here is you

Thanks for provign I was right about you and how full of crap you are. And now I know why you didnt post what he said back then in full context bc Dark is saying the same thing now he said back then.

He heard something on the phone but coudl not prove it was gnr 100% .

Good job wasting everyones time on this

Oh yeah as for not knowing Dark. I have met Dark in person, so nice try.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Oh yeah and one aside about closing in on you

"This isn't like Closing In On You, which was obvious bullshit to anyone with a brain who listened to it."

yeah that is what people said about better when it first leaked out lol
Also closing it on you came from velvet rope which was a forum for insiders and didnt post fake GNR stuff.  Closing in on never came from a GNR source. So if it was fake, that person who had it, didnt know it was fake.

Bill Brasky
 Rep: 0 

Bill Brasky wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

There you go Axl again with your nonsense. why do you have to keep being s dishonest?'

Its not semantics about what he heard vs seeing evidence what he heard is legit. Not sure why you are so stuck on this.
Dark never said he didn't hear something from Rick, he said he didn't see any evidence if they were legit or not.

No its not different than Closing in on you. Its just goes to what Dark was talking about. People  fake stuff all the time and claim its GNR. There are fan remixes of songs out there too and ones with fake vocals on it claiming to be GNR.

its just so weird you wont  let this guy when here is zero evidence dark has ever hoarded anything but you do know who does hoard things so you should maybe focus your engergy on those people instead.

"I understand the point that hearing on the phone isn't 100% certain proof, he pointed out the same in his conversation with us a few years ago, but he was also pretty confident it sounded legit."

Oh so now you are admit Dark even said over the phone he was not 100% certain, yet you are still going on and on about this lol
He didnt lie to you, you just admitted he siad the same thing back as he is saying now.  The only one lying here is you

Thanks for provign I was right about you and how full of crap you are. And now I know why you didnt post what he said back then in full context bc Dark is saying the same thing now he said back then.

Axl S is telling the truth.
You keep angrily defending Darknemus.
Why because he leaked songs almost 20 years ago.

Funny thing is Walker has delivered way more songs and a lot more recently then darknemus ever has.

My question i asked darknemus had nothing to do with the songs he discussed with the chairman group
Which was confirmed by 3 posters here.
4 people  if you count me hearing the same story second hand which btw wasn't from Axl S , Llama or Dadud.

But yet you still want to attack any poster who brings up how Darknemus is playing games.

Now there were zero insults or anything derogatory in my post above so please if you responded show the same curtsey.

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:

Here's all I'm going to say on this matter as endlessly going back and forth is just.. honestly.. pointless.

A. If someone comes to me and says 'check out what I have' and proceeds to play less than quality recordings over a cell phone connection and suggests I can get more if I just pay.. well.. let's say I'm not quite feeling great about that vibe.

B. If what is suggested that they 'have' can't be independently verified by anyone else OUTSIDE of their circle then I have less faith in its 'realness'

C. I have actively misled and outright lied to hoarders and suspected hoarders because, along with it being against my personal philosophy - I find that they are easily worked / manipulated - ESPECIALLY when appealing to their greed.

D. If I ever have any songs / music in my possession, rest assured everyone else is gonna have it within minutes or hours - or in the worst case, a couple days - and the ONLY reason I'm 'holding it back' is to get individuals with other stuff to bring it to light - I have never and will never keep something on 'lockdown' - there's no logical purpose or reason for me to do so.

E. I NO LONGER have the contacts in the industry I used to have - I've made new ones, yes - just due to the nature of work and stuff I'm involved in - but gang.. I hate to break this to ya.. basically no one except us psychopaths cares about GNR when it comes to leaks, etc. Reality's a bitch.. but its just that.. reality.

F. Again, I had a busy weekend - that's why I didn't respond here.. not because I was dodging or avoiding anyone - it boils down to, pretty simply, I have a life, a business, a family (if you count a wonderful girl and two crazy-ass cats as a family) and all sorts of other things going on that make my time on forums less of a priority for me - I do keep up with the 'pulse' of what's going on with this clustefuck of a band - I continue to live my life and do my thing because life is WAY too enjoyable to get caught up in the minutia of chaos.

G. If anyone has more direct questions for me - just PM me here or find me on Discord or email or whatever.. I'd rather not clutter up a discussion thread with things that are, at best, ancillary to the discussion.

TL;DR - I don't have leaks - I'm not hoarding.. I lie to and openly manipulate hoarders (and plot them against each other at levels they're seldom aware of) - when something changes and I have something (If it does) you'll have it, too.

Last thing I'll say - One of the things I do for my income is play a fair amount of poker.. and I'm pretty decent at it.. There's a very valuable life lesson in poker. "Its possible to make all the correct decisions and still lose", yes, but to me the more important one is "Logic, math, and reality often crush the alternative"

#PeaceAndLove

Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:
darknemus wrote:

The band's lack of information flow puts everyone into such a desperate mode for, well, anything that often times, rational thinking goes out the window - I've been guilty of that, myself, on occasion. I don't know what you want me to 'help' with.. I share what I know when I learn it.. I openly speculate with other people (AND PROCLAIM IT AS OPEN SPECULATION) and I allow myself to be open to all possibilities.. even if I have become jaundiced by the lack of 'real info' when it comes to this clusterfuck of a band that somehow draws us together.. it is what it is.. que sera sera.

Well what about the other village disc ?

Tell us what your goals were as the chairman hypothetically ?

It seemed from the outside that the group had a individual whoses purpose was to control Rick and not let him affect the value of the assets of the hoarders and the rest of the village session disc uncirculated that they posses.

So "hypothetically" the hoarders already accepted what rick had would leak so take the loss and prevent him from doing more damage was their gameplan.

A bullshit outdated useless pdf a couple of poems for entertainment and leak the rest of the village stuff from the rick /bird purchase so the community would feel they got everything. Meanwhile the hoarding group maintains the rest of the village session disc that are uncirculated.

Thoughts Dark ?

Why won't you answer this Darknemus ?

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Funny thing is Walker has delivered way more songs and a lot more recently then darknemus ever has.

My question i asked darknemus had nothing to do with the songs he discussed with the chairman group
4 people  if you count me hearing the same story second hand which btw wasn't from Axl S , Llama or Dadud.

But yet you still want to attack any poster who brings up how Darknemus is playing games.

Now there were zero insults or anything derogatory in my post above so please if you responded show the same curtsey.

No walker has not released more songs than Dark LOL
that is a good one. Also Dark does not fuck with the songs he leaks unlike Walker

Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Bill Brasky wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

No walker has not released more songs than Dark LOL
that is a good one. Also Dark does not fuck with the songs he leaks unlike Walker

Lmfao yes he has by a vast amount
Right here on this site too.

Board footer