You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mendosa
 Rep: 0 

Re: The General and Monsters

mendosa wrote:

hello ! long time no see ! I heard that monsters and the general recently leaked. Can someone Point Me out. thanks

Sincerly,
your commander in chief

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

The General is great…both are solid. Axl could make a great NIN record! Vocals are pretty wicked.

The General
Soul Monster
Silkworms
Oh My God
State of Grace

That's a killer EP in an alternate timeline....

If only his ego had allowed him to release this stuff as a solo artist or under a more fitting name...

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

They really should have released this batch of 5 or 6 as a whole release with maybe 1 or 2 singles prior in the run up to release day.

I'd have rather had UYI 30th anniversary in 2021 with the actual anniversary followed by a single near the end of 2022 with this full EP released earlier this year.

The wait between Hard School and Perhaps was awful, with Slash popping up in an interview every few months to say songs were coming in a few months time

Instead this piecemeal one song at a time effort means we all burn out on these individual tracks super quick as we just blast them on loop until we're sick of them.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

Apologies for being cheeky since I haven't posted for years but could I possibly get a couple mp3s? All the old links are down and my phone with them on died. Many thanks.

UYI4
 Rep: 1 

UYI4 wrote:
GNRBOYZ1225 wrote:

I never hated Scraped like everyone. The guitar is insane

I think for me the worst part of scraped is the intro vocal chants or whatever you want to call it. Also recording/production-wise there’s some either punch-in flaws or auto tune issues in that song that my ears always catch.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
UYI4 wrote:
GNRBOYZ1225 wrote:

I think for me the worst part of scraped is the intro vocal chants or whatever you want to call it. Also recording/production-wise there’s some either punch-in flaws or auto tune issues in that song that my ears always catch.

You can tell how cut and pasted everything is in scraped.
Even the guitar parts you can tell each guitar part is taken from three different places

Mike McGann
 Rep: 0 

Mike McGann wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
UYI4 wrote:
GNRBOYZ1225 wrote:

You can tell how cut and pasted everything is in scraped.
Even the guitar parts you can tell each guitar part is taken from three different places

I liked that aspect.
I think it’s what they wanted..
Sounded cool…stood out.

Splash

/Mike

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

I'm also Miguel and I love scraped, and it has Axl's signature sharp lines, and the guitars are brutal and the solo is better than the last four singles with slash!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I dig Scraped

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I’m clearly in the minority here, but I think Scraped is not only the worst song on CD, but possibly the worst song in the entire GN’R catalog.

Just terrible cut and paste auto tuned vocals that sound absolutely rubbish. Maybe I should give it another chance to try and hear the instrumentals underneath, but my god, it’s hard to get past those vocals.

Board footer