You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: The General and Monsters

Furbush wrote:

Lil help?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Furbush wrote:

Lil help?

Blast from the past. Welcome back dude.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Clear wrote:

Well he said that he and BH made them in his apartment, so yeah, I would expect them to have credit on it

Edit: General at least, Soul Monster I don't know how to explain that

Did he create Soul Monster? That batch of songs that went to Marco had a lot of Brain compositions, The General and Seven

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:
misterID wrote:

Did he create Soul Monster? That batch of songs that went to Marco had a lot of Brain compositions, The General and Seven

I would assume he had some part in it, it would be funny if he sent Axl all big guns. I haven't listened to it as much, want to keep it fresh, so from my limited listens Axl's "uh uh"s sound repetitive, so maybe, just maybe, it was another loop sent by brain, but I wouldn't bet on it

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Furbush wrote:

Lil help?

Blast from the past. Welcome back dude.

You know how it goes.
We always end up back here. ?

Jaxlmorrison2
 Rep: 1 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

We don't know that Seven has vocals, Brain's email confirming it has a bridge and chorus seemed to be in jest.

I really don’t take it as jest, he was just being funny on the description. But who knows.

And I refuse to believe Oklahoma doesn’t have vocals

IDK, on the AFD podcast after Brain talked about writing The General and Seven, he said "and I think Axl sang on The General". Not only did he not mention Axl singing on Seven, he wasn't even 100% sure about The General. Granted, this was in 2019 and his email regarding Seven was in 2010, but it seems strange he would remember so much about the individual parts of these songs years after being done with them in 2010 but then completely forget everything a decade later. I definitely view it as jest. According to others this is not the only email he would answer like this, he had gotten tired of responding and wasn't giving serious answers anymore.

Dude, absolutely. That “we wrote it while eating general Tso’s chicken” always sounded to me like he was joking with a hardcore fan, definitely tired of being asked so many questions. That “ball sack bridge” or whatever he said about “Seven” was another example.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Perhaps CD single japan, contains The General but nothing about Monster's there.
https://store.universal-music.co.jp/product/uicy5140/

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Jaxlmorrison2 wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:

I really don’t take it as jest, he was just being funny on the description. But who knows.

And I refuse to believe Oklahoma doesn’t have vocals

IDK, on the AFD podcast after Brain talked about writing The General and Seven, he said "and I think Axl sang on The General". Not only did he not mention Axl singing on Seven, he wasn't even 100% sure about The General. Granted, this was in 2019 and his email regarding Seven was in 2010, but it seems strange he would remember so much about the individual parts of these songs years after being done with them in 2010 but then completely forget everything a decade later. I definitely view it as jest. According to others this is not the only email he would answer like this, he had gotten tired of responding and wasn't giving serious answers anymore.

Dude, absolutely. That “we wrote it while eating general Tso’s chicken” always sounded to me like he was joking with a hardcore fan, definitely tired of being asked so many questions. That “ball sack bridge” or whatever he said about “Seven” was another example.

But he said that in an interview, it was not a fan question no?

WLMusic
 Rep: 0 

WLMusic wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Perhaps CD single japan, contains The General but nothing about Monster's there.
https://store.universal-music.co.jp/product/uicy5140/

So the worrying of the General being "vinyl only" was all for not. Who woulda thought!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Not starting a thread on this yet cause there isn't really any info on if this is legit or a troll doing something but
https://www.discogs.com/release/2884147 … AyNzE3MTE4
MjktNTQ2MC5qcGVn.jpeg

Board footer