You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: The General and Monsters

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, it’s not that big of a deal. Axl said “I’ve been hit by a truck…” the kid said “you were hit by a truck” you can take that any way you want. And it’s not an alleged quote, Axl said it

But it wasn't directed at Axl at all. Axl's quote was about how amazing he felt Stephanie was and Harry was using it the same way on her birthday.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I’m really sorry I brought this up. 16

He was using Axl’s words, how I and few others took it, he was saying “yeah, you were hit by a truck.” Seeing she hasn’t had the best things to say about Axl, I doubt it was just a compliment

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Listening to the cellphone clip again, now that I know what I am listening to and can hear the lyrics, it is a shame we never got to hear that version.

This version is fine but as much as Slash's contributions sound fine, the song clearly was not originally going for a blues rock guitar sound as part of it and what can be heard on that cellphone clip sounds much better.

The guitars sound bad ass on the cell phone clip. As much as I dig the leak, I would love to hear that version.

Same here
I like what Slash did on monsters, but I really want to hear how BH and Robin orginally did it

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Listening to the cellphone clip again, now that I know what I am listening to and can hear the lyrics, it is a shame we never got to hear that version.

This version is fine but as much as Slash's contributions sound fine, the song clearly was not originally going for a blues rock guitar sound as part of it and what can be heard on that cellphone clip sounds much better.

The guitars sound bad ass on the cell phone clip. As much as I dig the leak, I would love to hear that version.

Same here
I like what Slash did on monsters, but I really want to hear how BH and Robin orginally did it

The guitar that can barely be distinguished in the cell phone clip sounds epic as can be.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, it’s not that big of a deal. Axl said “I’ve been hit by a truck…” the kid said “you were hit by a truck” you can take that any way you want. And it’s not an alleged quote, Axl said it

It was definitely a poor choice on the kid's part, whether he intended to direct it at Axl or not.

I said "alleged" because it was hearsay, not a direct quote from Axl:

COLLEEN COMBS: Axl told me, "I've been hit by a Mack truck and the license plate said 'Seymour.'"

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:

Now that we know what Monsters sounds like, can anyone confirm if the unknown soundcheck was Monsters or not? I can't listen to it currently

Soundcheck in question: https://streamable.com/9u5mpk

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Well remembered. Hard to be certain but does sound like it could be

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:

There was discussion whether it was The General, now Monsters or Oklahoma, but it was soundchecked last year if I remember correctly. Would like for Oklahoma to be released instead of Atlas

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

There were two more clips from that same jam/song that was played at soundcheck last year and they don't sound like Monsters (or The General) at all:

http://sndup.net/dnt6

https://sndup.net/h9cx/

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Those two certainly don’t. Are they from the same soundcheck as the clip Clear posted?

Board footer