You are not logged in. Please register or login.

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

Re: The General and Monsters

Tom Petty was another example of not losing the fire, at least I feel. I miss Tom

carlossacanell

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i was thinking the other day, GNR songs are mostly based in real life emotions and events.

AFD = Street life, falling in love with Erin, growing up a rebel, life in 1980s LA, tragic life of people they knew and them.

UFI = Drama of the shock of fame, relationship with the media, pressures of fame/being a rock god/breakup with Erin/ Falling for Steph, trouble with the neibours / issues with izzy/slash/steph, questioning if should sacrifice life to fame.

CD = Breakup with Steph, Breakdown of relations with Slash/Duff/Izzy, Legal problems, self doubt, Rejection of fame and pressure, attempting to grow as a person, analysis of self.

Occasionally he leaves this MO and does big picture issues - like NR being partially about self but also inspired by Del's work. Or Civil War being about wider issues. Or Shackler's being about Collunbine or Catcher's being about his responce to others love of the book or whatever. But in general the albums are about his personal struggles.

These days he has 10s if not 100s of millions of dollars, even if being famous sucks he's had 40 years to get used to it,  and love life issues have been well covered. It's possible that aside from the odd project song he feels strongly about, or melody that he wants to share that becomes an ear worm for him or something, but like it's just possible he said his piece.

That's my theory - the band was grounded in drama and chaos, but they won, they made their coin and beat the world - but when your music is based around your fight with the world it doesn't give you much organic to write about.

If they do make an album, I'd expect it to talk about politics or philopsphy or whatever he still cares deeply about, as I think the dramas of their real lives have been solved at this point.

BEST post here. wink

Mike McGann
 Rep: 0 

Mike McGann wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i was thinking the other day, GNR songs are mostly based in real life emotions and events.

AFD = Street life, falling in love with Erin, growing up a rebel, life in 1980s LA, tragic life of people they knew and them.

UFI = Drama of the shock of fame, relationship with the media, pressures of fame/being a rock god/breakup with Erin/ Falling for Steph, trouble with the neibours / issues with izzy/slash/steph, questioning if should sacrifice life to fame.

CD = Breakup with Steph, Breakdown of relations with Slash/Duff/Izzy, Legal problems, self doubt, Rejection of fame and pressure, attempting to grow as a person, analysis of self.

Occasionally he leaves this MO and does big picture issues - like NR being partially about self but also inspired by Del's work. Or Civil War being about wider issues. Or Shackler's being about Collunbine or Catcher's being about his responce to others love of the book or whatever. But in general the albums are about his personal struggles.

These days he has 10s if not 100s of millions of dollars, even if being famous sucks he's had 40 years to get used to it,  and love life issues have been well covered. It's possible that aside from the odd project song he feels strongly about, or melody that he wants to share that becomes an ear worm for him or something, but like it's just possible he said his piece.

That's my theory - the band was grounded in drama and chaos, but they won, they made their coin and beat the world - but when your music is based around your fight with the world it doesn't give you much organic to write about.

If they do make an album, I'd expect it to talk about politics or philopsphy or whatever he still cares deeply about, as I think the dramas of their real lives have been solved at this point.

It just blows my mind
That some don’t seem to see this.
It’s obvious, right?

Splash

/Mike

furly06

furly06 wrote:

So, when the vinyl will be released on December 8, there will be only "Perhaps" and "The General"? " The General will also be released in digital format? I think "Monsters" will be released in 2024.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Monsters is on the Japanese version. I suppose that's why it leaked also.

furly06

furly06 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Ok thanks. Damn it, why do Guns always have to wait until the last minute before revealing the news? The fact that they didn’t notice the vinyl was quite outrageous; although I agree, Axl’s voice mix was really hard to digest.

benny

benny wrote:

I'll order the Japan CD but hopefully The General is released on digital this Friday so I can listen to the finished version and not have to wait for the CD to arrive later this winter.

furly06

furly06 wrote:
benny wrote:

I'll order the Japan CD but hopefully The General is released on digital this Friday so I can listen to the finished version and not have to wait for the CD to arrive later this winter.

I hope so too, I should wait too long before I get from Japan to where I live

carlossacanell

furly06 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Ok thanks. Damn it, why do Guns always have to wait until the last minute before revealing the news? The fact that they didn’t notice the vinyl was quite outrageous; although I agree, Axl’s voice mix was really hard to digest.

Axl voice mix in TG worries me. I hope they fix It in the final version

furly06

furly06 wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:
furly06 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Axl voice mix in TG worries me. I hope they fix It in the final version

From what I understand, the vinyl release was postponed specifically to fix Axl’s voice mix. Then you will see on December 8 what the final version will be. I still don’t quite understand if it will be released in digital format, but I hope so.

Board footer