You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mike McGann
 Rep: 0 

Re: The General and Monsters

Mike McGann wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
T.Axl wrote:

In 2016, MSL was interviewed by a Brazilian blogger, saying that "'The General' is absolutely amazing and I hope and pray that it is on the next album. This is definitely my favorite from the next album out of all the ones I've heard.".

https://whiplash.net/materias/entrevist … roses.html

I'd like to know what this version he got is like, how different it is (or not)......

Sounds like someone playing an angle. I'm starting to think the hoarder's motivation was to keep the fanbase from finding out these tracks are just okay music and nothing special.

I agree with him.
Guns fan since ‘87…
I LOVE “General”.

Splash
/Mike

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The more I listen, I love the lyrics, the awesome vocal melody and the spooky guitar.

If I want to find problems I would note that all of these new songs had a lot of repeats. They are all awesome song concepts that feel a touch unfinished somehow, and I think its that they all feel like they need a new 3rd verse or something of that nature.

General for instance feels like the build up part of one of Axl's epics. But it doesn't complete. Hell, Slash sounds like he's just getting warmed up to go nuts when it ends, I think it needed a huge guitar outro whole Axl kept up with those screamy bits in the background...

It's like NR if it didn't have the two slash solos or the outro, or breadown with out the outro, or locomotive if it was just 1 verse. Basically I think what is there is awesome but it feels incomplete. I wonder if Axl felt this too and that's why these songs were held over so many years - waiting for an idea that never came? Maybe not too though.

Anyways despite my bitching I do enjoy all this new music, and i'm so glad he's finally sharing things again.

I think this is accurate and I agree with this. And I agree, I generally, like the song and vocal melody. The production/mix let it all down.

And YES - it's like an incomplete song, as are most of the Chinese Era left overs (and some on Chinese). A solid guitar solo, or an outro, a bridge, another verse... sometimes a chorus is what's missing, a breakdown/change up.  "Waiting for an idea that never came" is a good theory. It DOES remind me of the November Rain demos where he's got the CORE of the song, but not the middle or last verse, not the ending coda, no Slash solo. If Coma was a Chinese left over, we'd have gotten 15% of the song.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I would have thought that the original ideas is the hardest bit, but then again I know nothing about how to wrote songs!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

I finally got around to giving the 7' a spin on my record player, The General is clippy as hell, but i have to say i thought Perhaps sounded great.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Gagarin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The more I listen, I love the lyrics, the awesome vocal melody and the spooky guitar.

If I want to find problems I would note that all of these new songs had a lot of repeats. They are all awesome song concepts that feel a touch unfinished somehow, and I think its that they all feel like they need a new 3rd verse or something of that nature.

General for instance feels like the build up part of one of Axl's epics. But it doesn't complete. Hell, Slash sounds like he's just getting warmed up to go nuts when it ends, I think it needed a huge guitar outro whole Axl kept up with those screamy bits in the background...

It's like NR if it didn't have the two slash solos or the outro, or breadown with out the outro, or locomotive if it was just 1 verse. Basically I think what is there is awesome but it feels incomplete. I wonder if Axl felt this too and that's why these songs were held over so many years - waiting for an idea that never came? Maybe not too though.

Anyways despite my bitching I do enjoy all this new music, and i'm so glad he's finally sharing things again.

I think this is accurate and I agree with this. And I agree, I generally, like the song and vocal melody. The production/mix let it all down.

And YES - it's like an incomplete song, as are most of the Chinese Era left overs (and some on Chinese). A solid guitar solo, or an outro, a bridge, another verse... sometimes a chorus is what's missing, a breakdown/change up.  "Waiting for an idea that never came" is a good theory. It DOES remind me of the November Rain demos where he's got the CORE of the song, but not the middle or last verse, not the ending coda, no Slash solo. If Coma was a Chinese left over, we'd have gotten 15% of the song.

They repeat the lyrics in all the verses and it's incomplete song... Well, they had a lot of years to complete It, to develope the lyrics etc.
It's seems to me very unprofesional and lazy.
It's a joke

axlroselocke1

It was released as a b-side for a reason.

Sky Dog wrote:

Last I checked it was officially released as a single.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Sky Dog wrote:

Last I checked it was officially released as a single.

It would seem its somehow both. At least its better than Hard stool, that song wasn't released it fucking escaped.

carlossacanell

It's the same A or B side. The lack of work on it is obvious.

furly06
 Rep: 0 

furly06 wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

It's the same A or B side. The lack of work on it is obvious.

This is obvious, they decided to just publish it, then they didn’t give it much importance, some posts on Instagram, then enough.

Board footer