You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Re: The General and Monsters

Miguelox26 wrote:

I saw them in Madrid 2006

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Miguelox26 wrote:

I saw them in Madrid 2006

Si, yo también. No en 2007 sino en 2006. Qué empezó 2 horas tarde. Ahí no me gustó tanto la voz como en Badalona 2011. En este último estuvo impresionante. El de Madrid me defraudó un poco la verdad.

carlossacanell

I thought in the 2006 concert that Axl wasn't to appear. There was a moment that i thought It was going to be cancelled. Anyway i didn't enjoyed that show. Axl voice wasn't at his top. In 2011 Badalona he was incredible

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Between the delay and the trip I had, I enjoyed it as much as I could, but it was not their best show, vocally at times and the sound was not the best, an adventure!

carlossacanell

Miguelox26 wrote:

Between the delay and the trip I had, I enjoyed it as much as I could, but it was not their best show, vocally at times and the sound was not the best, an adventure!

Agree. In Badalona i went with several Friends and one of them was saying all the time 'but Axl voice is gone'. When the concert finished allí of us were surprised with the voice performance... He was great. Much better concert than Madrid 2006.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

carlossacanell wrote:
Miguelox26 wrote:

Agree. In Badalona i went with several Friends and one of them was saying all the time 'but Axl voice is gone'. When the concert finished allí of us were surprised with the voice performance... He was great. Much better concert than Madrid 2006.

Over the years I've noticed that with each new tour people whinge that "Axl's voice is shot, it's all over." And then a few years later they say the same thing, and hark back to the previous tour as an example of how great Axl's voice was.

In 2006, people were going on about "fat Axl," laughing at that bit from Rock am Ring where he fell over trying to climb back onto the stage during Better, and saying his voice was shot. In 2016, people were saying that the WTTJ scream from that 2006 show was his best ever performance, and that he'd lost it since then, piled on the pounds etc. In 2023 people were banging on about how great 2016 was.

Just enjoy the show in the moment.

Sky Dog wrote:

Last I checked Axl had horrific vocal performances back in the day. He’s always been a mixed bag live.

Actually going to the show does make a huge difference because the band and him have skills which make it worth the price of admission one way or the other….in my opinion

carlossacanell

elevendayempire wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:
Miguelox26 wrote:

Over the years I've noticed that with each new tour people whinge that "Axl's voice is shot, it's all over." And then a few years later they say the same thing, and hark back to the previous tour as an example of how great Axl's voice was.

In 2006, people were going on about "fat Axl," laughing at that bit from Rock am Ring where he fell over trying to climb back onto the stage during Better, and saying his voice was shot. In 2016, people were saying that the WTTJ scream from that 2006 show was his best ever performance, and that he'd lost it since then, piled on the pounds etc. In 2023 people were banging on about how great 2016 was.

Just enjoy the show in the moment.

You're right. But again, it's crazy and wonderful when you have the luck of sering an Axl great performance in a concert. This make the diference

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Looks like we’ll be getting a music video for The General next week, 1/24. Not sure why they can’t release things together, on time, or when it makes sense, but ok.
https://x.com/gunsnroses/status/1748571 … K8iaFJAtEA

axlroselocke1

Seen Axl and Gnr 02, 06, 14, 16, 17.

All different vocals, he was awesome at each show. 06 might have been my favorite. He was on fire and still had that dangerous side to him. But  vocally great each time in their own way.

Board footer