You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General and Monsters

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m thinking Madagascar and Sorry deal with old, original band members.

The ones I listed seem to be directly about a woman…I hope!

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Better, where would we fit it? the chorus smells like horns, maybe Seymour? Maybe so, but who knows.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

She gave us Beta!

lol!

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think Better and TIL is def about Stephanie

misterID

misterID wrote:

IRS is about Slash

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

The Blues is about Slash. IRS is about both women.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

The blues, Street of dreams is about Seymour's son Dylan, he is recognized by AXl and I wanted him to listen to it as a confession or his version of the events that occurred in the relationship.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The blues is Seymour, I don’t know how anyone could see it was about Slash tbh. I think he wraps a lot of people together in songs

Sky Dog wrote:

Agree…it’s too sweet to be about Slash.

As for the Dylan reference, I think Atlas is about him.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

. I think he wraps a lot of people together in songs

I always got the feeling some songs examine an emotion from a variety of circumstances.

Like hypothetically, in a song about betrayal, there could be a line where he is the betrayed and then another part where he is the betrayer, and different lines in it might swap between different people or circumstances that share something in common about it all.

So in a way a song is not about Slash or Steph or whoever kinda, but at the same time they are, all his writing is very real, very personal, and sort of inspired or caused directly by the real people in his life and actual events.

So it creates a weird thing where a song may be kinda clearly about something we know happened to him like his breakup with Erin or something but it also doesn't mean every word is directed to Erin or anything like that.

Like in the general I notice how there's the shift from "I swear I won't" to "the hell i won't" - is that the difference between a child frightened of abuse then becoming a teenager and rebelling against abuse, or perhaps it's the difference between an abuser promising to stop then getting angry again in a jeckel and hyde way? , or maybe an abused person becoming abusive themselves later?

It was fun when Axl did the chats that time and talked a little bit about Catcher and Shacklers and stuff to get more info on what's going on with these kinda things.

Board footer