You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: The NFL 2008 Offseason Thread

NY Giants82 wrote:

You guys are cracking me up with the Dallas talk!:laugh:

But really, Dallas is a talented team. They will definatly contend next year, but the question is, can they win in the playoffs. They havent won a playoff game in 10 years. That will hang on Romo until they win one. And Dallas is certainly in a win now mode, as evidenced by the massive contracts handed out recently.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

No doubt Dallas is a good team, and probably the team to beat in the NFC (sorry NYG), but the lack of playoffs wins means it won't matter what they do in the regular season. Will the team collapse again in the playoffs. Can the coach handle these headcases for a whole year.

Their owner is one of the most aggresive owners in spots, which can be a good thing, but he'll sign anybody & everybody, regardless of their past (Tank Johnson, PacMan). So there wouldn't be much doubt in my mind if Romo collapses again he'd take a shot with Vick, even if it's to be Romo's "Backup". Also, if they lose in the playoffs again Jason Garret's going to become their head coach.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Yeah thats about right. That has to be the worst coaching situation in the NFL, other than maybe Oakland. Wade Phillips has to be looking over his shoulder constantly. This is a make or break season for him. If they go 13-3 again, and dont win any playoff games, I believe Jerry will fire him.

But I am not sure that they are the best team in the NFC. I dont think they are better than the Giants. I think they are the top two teams in the NFC, but it is tough to say which is best. I'll go with the defending champs!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Gonna rule in 08-09?? Who's their quaterback?

Exactly. Smells like a 11-5, division winning, loss in their first playoff game, kind of year.

Haha! What a brutal arguement. Pull your head out CC.  Who's there QB? Please. Umm... how about the guy that set numerous Cowboys passing recrods last year, a two time pro bowler.  A guy who put in a  better performance against the Giants in the playoffs than Garcia, Favre and Brady.

I agree with you NY Giants that the coaching situation is odd in Dallas. I'll disagree with you though about the Giants being better. The Cowboys are the better team the Giants simply peaked and played amazing football at the right time of year. Kudos to them. The Boys are just gonna be too good for the rest of the NFC this year. They are in a  win now mode though which is exciting and scary at the same time as a Cowboys fan. There's something really nerve racking about knowing the window will slam shut sooner than later even if it hasnt started just yet.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

O.k. "pull your head out"  was a bit uncalled for. I admit it. I'm sorry.  Go Cowboys!

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Hidden Text:

DALLAS SUCKS!!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha Karma 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress is refusing to practise because the Super Bowl champions haven't renegotiated his contract.

Burress reported to Giants Stadium for a mandatory minicamp Wednesday, but said he told the coaching staff he won't work out without a new deal.

The wide receiver says he has three years left on his current deal.

Burress, who battled through an injury-hampered season last year, caught the game-winning touchdown in the Giants' stunning 17-14 victory over the previously unbeaten New England Patriots in the Super Bowl.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

This is one time I am going to side with the player. Pay Plax now dammit! And I believe they will. He played all of last year, basically on one leg and was still dominate. They'll take care of him.

Now Shockey is another story...

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

They should pay him, look at the Eagles when they refused to pay TO. #1 recvr's are underrated in the NFL. 1 great WR can make a team. Still, I think he's just pulling a Strahan & will join the team 2 weeks before the season starts, to miss the grueling training camp. Sadly, I think it's going to become a trend in the NFL.

No offense NYG, but I do have to agree with Bono though about the G-Men. I know they won the SB, and are 'officially' (or 'unofficially' whichever you choose) are the team to beat in the NFC, but on paper in preseason, I'll have to say Dallas is the team I'd predict will win home field adv & have the best record.  Giants played great at the end of the year, and had a 'Win one for the Gipper' type of motivation. But I don't think that will carry into this  season. Didn't Pittsburgh have an off year after they won the SB, I see that happening to the Giants. Again, no offense the Giants played great last year, but I don't think they are a "great" team. (By "great" i'm talking up there with the Patriots & Colts have been the last several years).

Board footer