You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Some one answer these questions I have

Sky Dog wrote:

apparently so DTJ

B
B
C
C
C
B

Axl is Gnr at this point....Azoff was brought in to both get Chinese out, get HIM/Axl/"Gnr" a new record deal, and to try and put a reunion together at some point.

Who the hell shows up as bandmembers when there is some movement in the future is complete guesswork.:nervous:

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
madagas wrote:

apparently so DTJ

B
B
C
C
C
B

Axl is Gnr at this point....Azoff was brought in to both get Chinese out, get HIM/Axl/"Gnr" a new record deal, and to try and put a reunion together at some point.

Who the hell shows up as bandmembers when there is some movement in the future is complete guesswork.:nervous:

What if Axl fires Azoff before a reunion can happen?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

1.)  Why isn't there any news?
a.)  Because we as fans screwed it up due to all the bitching and moaning last year about set lists from people who never were even in attendance

I have mixed news on this. On one hand I think it is insane to blame the fans for delays in an album that been forever in the making. The bottom line is that the fan base is only pissed off because of the problems in the band anyhow (cancelled shows, changed members, no album). However the other side to this coin is that its clear rightly or wrongly that Axl and the band does seem to care on some level what the fans think. Look at how the band changed image by 2006 after the critisims of the 02 era.

Abbey_Road wrote:

b.)  It's just a dead year - face it- 2005 all over again

Yes but the question arises...why is it a dead year? Historic delays make sence...axl was trying to make a new band of the same talent as the old band (takes a while to find guys like that), then he has to write songs that are at the level of his other works (this is a fair amount of pressure) - so you have to wait for the muse, then there's the likely fact that distractions such as legal and personal issues upset him and he delayed at times just to regain the spirit to contiune. But now Baz has heard the albums...the band has finished recording...we're told its all done and its just a business issue...how many years can silence in a business issue go on for is what I wonder. I remeber in 04 tommy said he'd heard the final mixes...then the lineup changes and the dance begins again. we seemed so close last year...but now I fear robin going may set us back to 2003.

Abbey_Road wrote:

2.)  What is the "storm"

I figure 2006 type buzz except with an album to back it up. Axl being around the place. Gnr stories being common in the media. An album release that does reasonably given the current market state. Hopefully a cross-over single - something akin to a "yesterdays" type track that gets some radio play. A handfull of  well promoted usa shows, and a more extensive tour in the european markets. Nothing world changing..but the kind of general successful release you'd expect from a known band. After that - too hard to tell - depends on how big it gets - if it died back down reasonably fast then eventually i'd expect a limited reunion perhaps as a one-off. If it lives on its own - then the occasuional tour and maybe a new track or two in the extended future.

Abbey_Road wrote:

3.)  Why did Axl hire Azoff?
a.)  he liked his portfolio

I'd guess that's it. He got rid of merk due to the conflicts...and he's realised he needs professional managment to get things done. (as any big artist would).

Abbey_Road wrote:

4.)  Will Axl keep Azoff or make him hit the door like Merck?

who can say? Eventually most people who've worked with Axl seem to have gone. It could be they betray Axl, it could be he is impossible to deal with, it could be both or neither. He will last as long as Axl feels he serves a common purpose....and as long as he is happy working with the band. To me its not will he stay - but will he manage to get some results first....

Abbey_Road wrote:

5.)  Are you tired of hearing Baz preach about CD?

Not really. I'm tired of the fact that it never comes out. But that's life. I like that Baz talks about it because he is someone who would legitimately know about what it sounds like. Like i can beleive he's heard it...as opposed to some BS internet rumour or something. Ok...he's a huge fan of Axl..so it makes his interviews one way....but that's ok...in the absence of real news I'll take a Baz reminder that its worth the wait. I think people getting cut at baz for talking about it are misdirecting their anger and frustration.

Abbey_Road wrote:

6.)  Will Slash endorse Coke and Axl go with Dr. Pepper?

I hope not. Simply as such a thing could contiune the Axl vs Slash midset in the internet community and among the general fan base. I see Axl and Slash as two incredibly talented parts of the magic that is the GNR records we have. Setting them up against each other is a waste of time for everyone and counter productive.

Some would like to see a reunion, some not. But even if there is never a reunion...at a minimum we should all respect that they used to be friends and formally made great music together. Getting into pissing contests with each other would do nothing but denigrate and distract from that great part of rock history, and cheapen both of them and all of us.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

1.)  Why isn't there any news?

a.)  Because we as fans screwed it up due to all the bitching and moaning last year about set lists from people who never were even in attendance

b.)  It's just a dead year - face it- 2005 all over again

c.)  it's the calm before the "storm"

2.)  What is the "storm"

a.)  a reunion - minus Adler

b.)  CD's release

c.)  More silence

3.)  Why did Axl hire Azoff?

a.)  he liked his portfolio

b.)  he had no choice - no one was actually knocking down doors to represent GNR

c.)  he's the best man for the job

4.)  Will Axl keep Azoff or make him hit the door like Merck?

a.)  not likely, as Azoff is a close friend of Merck's so it's obvious Merck more than likely put in a good word to Azoff about Axl

b.)  yes, he'll get the boot just before Axl has to do a reunion

c.)  Azoff is the only man who can get GNR back on track

5.)  Are you tired of hearing Baz preach about CD?

a.) yes, because he knows that every time he mentions Axl's name, it's free publicity for him and more people will probably read the interview

b.)  no, Baz is genuine

c.)  dcn't care either way

6.)  Will Slash endorse Coke and Axl go with Dr. Pepper?

a.)  not sure but why not

b.)  no, that comment from Slash was tongue in cheek

c.)   yes

Anwer away forum members

1) B, it wouldn't be the first
2) It's definately the announcement of CD and the events that follow. Even those who have claim to have "lost interest" will still fall into the hype. No matter how much of a train wreck this process has been, there is still a solid hardcore fanbase even excluding the forums. It's definately been over hyped but I do feel it will meet fan expectations.
3) C
4) ?
5) A
6) B wouldn't be shocked if he were in a coke commercial 21

Board footer